Chapter 33

Khaleyah

I got into the Passenger side of my car since Lucas insisted on driving.

I buckled up my seatbelt as he did the same before starting up the car.

---

We drove to Denny's and parked. We got out and went inside. My eyes wondered around the Diner looking for Yasmin's Blonde Curls. I didn't know how I would feel after this talk but I was Hoping I would leave Satisfied knowing that they weren't fucking around.

"There she go" Lucas pointed and grabbed my hand leading me to the table she was at. She looked up noticing us.

"Oh... Good morning guys" She smiled Nervously . I could see the fear in her eyes as she gave me quick glances which made me a bit uneasy about all of this.

Calm down Khaleyah.. Don't jump to conclusions

The voice spoke in my head sounding more Like Lucas's Voice instead of my own.

I gave her a small smile. "Good morning" I spoke sitting across from her in the booth.

"Morning" Lucas spoke low as he slid in next to me.

"Did y'all wanna order anything to eat?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Nah I'm coo" Lucas answered. "I just wanna get this shit off my chest so my Baby won't be thinking that we doing sum shit." He spoke bluntly.

A small sigh escaped her lips as she stared out the window.

"Go on..." I insisted.

Lucas sat up in his Seat resting his arms on the table looking at me.

"Look at me" He told me.

My eyes went up meeting with his.

I loved when he wanted eye contact with me as he explained, Letting me know he had nothing to hide.

"Me and Yasmin had a friends with benefits type of relationship... We were fuck buddies." He explained. "But as soon as I found out that I was falling for you and wanted only you, I called it quits."

"Yeah that's it he called it off after the last time back in..." She trailed off as her eyes wondered around as if she was trying to remember . "I think the end of November"

"After I went back to college?" She looked at me and begin Nodding slowly.

I sat back in my seat sighing quietly.

"I can't get mad we weren't even together.." My Eyes widen coming to realization. "Is this the other guy that you thought you were pregnant by?" I asked her but looked over to Lucas who sat there quietly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yes." She spoke low.
I looked from Her To him who both had their heads low. I didn't know what to say I couldn't believe this. But it was all over I couldn't say anything about it.

"It's all in the past and over wit right?" I asked looking at them awaiting for their answer. They both looked up and Yasmin Nodded quickly.

"Yeah Baby, it's all over wit" Lucas spoke up.

I sighed. "Then There we go then.. I can't be mad "

"This won't affect our Friendship will it?" Yasmin asked with Hopeful eyes. I stared at her for a short moment. She was nothing but a fragile girl in this world looking for friends and love. But at the same time I wasn't so sure about our relationship.