Chapter 18

Lucas

I slapped hands with the hype, exchanging the Dope and the money at the same time.

I gave him a nod before he walked off.

"Aye wassup Lucas" I turned around to see Gregg.

"Wassup Gregg"

"Aye you heard about Lil Bug gettin raided right ? " He asked leaning in.

"Yeah man, that's crazy"

"Word on the street is that somebody snitched on him"

I simply shook my head as I stared off across the street at nothing in particular.

I had heard that, but I ain't the type to go around gossiping. It ain't none of my business and it ain't got nothing to do with me so I stay out of it.

"Now I heard this nigga Is Snitchin on people" Gregg spoke crashing my thoughts.

My eyes quickly averted to him as my brows furrowed. "Straight up?"

"Straight up man" He nodded.

Me and Lil Bug was coo' , He even bought dope from me a few times, matter of fact a few weeks ago.

Shit...

"I know he Been around you before and y'all did some business together so all I wanted to tell you is watch out man and stay low" Gregg advised as he took a hand out of his pocket slapping my hand. Gregg has always been that way, always watching out for you.

"Gotchu" I nodded.

"See you later kid" He said before turning around and walking into the store.

That's when I got to thinking. There's a possible chance that Lil Bug is over there ratting me out to the cops.

I wasn't scared of going to jail, I've been before but hell... Who wants to go to jail?

Lil Bug had already told Gregg that I sold him some dope cause how else would he know? That was a deal just between us, no one else was around but Will nem and I know They wouldn't tell So it had to be Lil Bug, If he told Gregg, What makes me think He won't run his mouth to the police?

Gregg was a neighbor, He's been there for years. He was more like everyones uncle In the neighborhood. He'd cuss you out for doing some bad shit but be offering you a popsicle and telling you stories about the old days five minutes later.

I went inside the store and bought some juices and snacks, paid for it and left out of the store.

I quickly got into the car, the wind hitting my face. I started the car and headed to Khaleyahs house where everyone else were.

I glanced down at the time to see it was only noon.

It was New Year's Eve and we were all hitting this party tonight.

---

I pulled up to Khaleyahs crib, got out and knocked on the door.

Moments later I looked up to see Will opening the door.

I cocked my head back "Wassup man"

"Sup" He turned around and walked away with me behind him. "Hey y'all" I spoke closing the door behind me.

"Hey" They said in unison. I looked around to see the group a bit smaller than usual causing me to furrow my brows.

"Wait... Where's the other girls , Mikey nem and Marcus?" I asked taking a seat next to Khaleyah on the couch.