Chapter 21

Yasmin

I grabbed my phone out and texted Khaleyah.

Hey I'm ready...

Khaleyah💗😊: Okay, meet me outside.

Okay.

I hopped off my bed and grabbed my purse and House Keys leaving out my bedroom door.

It's been two days since I took the pregnancy test and Khaleyah was taking me to my Appointment. I couldn't even drive myself, for one, I didn't have a license yet and for two, I couldn't even think straight at the moment to really do anything.

I wrapped my arms around myself as I walked over to Khaleyah's house meeting her at her car.

She looked up and smiled at me as she opened her car door.

"Goodmorning, Love"

I flashed her a faint smile. "Good Morning"

I got into the car and we sat as the car warmed up.

"So . Have you told the two men yet?" Khaleyah asked quickly glancing at me as we pulled off.

"One... The other.. Not yet " I didn't know how to break the news to Steve, how would he even take it? Would he leave me? If he loved me, he shouldn't.

But if it's Lucas baby I know that would start some more shit between them and Steve would beat my ass. Steve hadn't physically hurt me but if this is Lucas child.. Shit ain't no telling what he would do.

"Oh... How'd he take it?" She asked.

"He told me he wasn't doing nothing until he find out if it's his or not, he kept throwing up the fact that I was with someone else."

"It's understandable Yasmin" She said slowly shrugging.

I looked over at her.

"And I'm not calling you a hoe or anything because you're not or taking his side so don't get mad but You have to see it from his point of view, Yasmin. He's probably just scared... And there is a lot of men that's out here taking care of kids and not finding out till later that the kid isn't theirs..." She paused.

"And when they find out that the child's not theirs it leaves them hurt and angry.. They've taken care of a child this whole time and during that time period they get attached to the child and love it and when those papers come back not theirs.. . " She trailed off shaking her head.

"It fucks them up... Bad... The child they have nurtured and spent time with isn't Theirs by blood, it's like the child becomes a stranger, there is like disconnect between him and the child.. Those precious years, hours, minutes, and seconds spent with that child now feels like it was waisted time and pointless... Guiding it.. All Pointless Because now he knows he's not the father. He's gonna hate the Mom and leave."

Khaleyah's words hurt but they were honest and deep.

She opened my eyes. I couldn't even be mad at Lucas anymore.

I nodded. "You're right Leyah" I looked up at her. "Thanks for helping me understand"

She smiled brightly. "You're welcome"

I see why Lucas Love her. And I didn't wanna ruin anything between them so I'm Praying That this Baby isn't his.

Maybe me and Steve could be a real family now. I placed my hand on my stomach and smiled as I looked out the window.