Chapter 19

Yasmin

I sighed as I bent down to put on my heels. I really didn't feel like going to this New Years Party but My Sister Tina begged me to go.

I was Tired and irritated with Steve at the moment and things were on my mind heavily tonight.

The more I thought about it the more it made my stomach turn and my heart speed up a bit.

I tried to push the thought in the back of my head but the more I tried to forget it the more my mind pondered across the thought.

"You ready ? " My Sister Tina asked appearing at my door.

I glanced up fixing my heels. "Yeah"

I finished and sighed getting up.

We walked out the house locking the door Behind us and making it to Her Car.

---

The place was pretty full bout time we showed up. It was this guy name Chris New Years party he was throwing.

We got out and made our through the crowd outside to make it in and push l through the crowd inside.

Chris greeted us with hugs and showed us to the drink table. I followed closely behind my sister.

She turned around and looked at me. "You wanna drink?" She yelled over the music.

I looked at her for a short moment before shaking my head. "No thank you"

She shrugged.. "Okay"

I was so distraught I couldn't even drink or barely eat right now.

My eyes Wondered around the big room at the familiar faces. I spotted one in particular... Khaleyah. She danced with her friends on the floor.

I looked around for Lucas but he was no where to be found but how crowded this place was , I probably over looked him.

I really didn't want to see him right now or at all tonight at the matter. I couldn't stand to look in his face at the moment without the thought pounding my mind. I couldn't stand to think about it anymore.
---

After a good hour of being in this heated house, I decided to get up and go outside. On my way out, I spotted Khaleyah on her way out also.

We met right at the door. As soon as she turned around and seen me, her smile wiped completely off her face.

She gave me a quick nod and a half of smile before quickly exiting the house.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I was sick of her acting this way towards me.

I followed behind her.
"Khaleyah" I called out.

She turned around looking at me.
I walked closer. "Can you please stop acting this way towards me?" I asked, agitation being clearly evident in my voice.

She frowned at me like I was crazy.
"What're you talking about Yasmin?" She asked the strong scent of liquor hitting my nose.