Chapter 14

Khaleyah

I hung up and sighed running my hand through my hair again.

"Still no answer?"

I looked up at Kayla to see her eyes filled with concern.

"Nope" I shook my head.

This was the second time I tried calling Lucas, it was about 1:45 Pm and usually I'd hear from Lucas by now at least a text or something but he was nowhere to be found .

This wasn't like him.

"When was the last time you talk to him?"

"Before the game last night" I mumbled scrolling through my contacts.

"Oh..."

It fell quiet.

"Maybe his phone is off... Or dead... Or maybe he lost it" I said lightly tossing my phone on the night stand.

"Maybe" She shrugged and nodded.

Just then we heard a Knock on the door. I watched as Kayla eyes Lit up

"Got it" Kayla said jumping up and going to the door.

When she opened the door her whole smile got wiped off her face.

"Oh.." She said, disappointment heard in her voice causing Khalif to frown at her.

I pressed my lips together suppressing my Laugh.

"Hey Khalif, come on in" She said turning and walking back to her bed sitting down.

"Well hey to you too" He mumbled walking in. I began giggling.

"Hi Khalif"

He looked at me and a bright smile spread across his perfect face.

"Hey Leyah" He glanced back at Kayla on her bed as she stared down into her phone.

He looked back at me furrowing his brows. "What's wrong with her?" He asked cocking his head back at her.

"She thought you was her date" I laughed.

"Shut up" she said throwing a pillow at me making me laugh harder.

"Who her date?" He began to laugh as his brows furrowed again.

"Kendre"

I watched his mouth went into an o shape and his eyebrows lifted.

A grin crept upon his face. He stepped back and sat on Kaylas bed smirking at her. I chuckled knowing he was about to mess with her.

"You like Dre?" He asked.

She sat there with her arms Crosses across her Chest. "Yeah he cute or whatever " She said rolling her eyes and blushing.

"Where he taking you?"

"Out to eat for lunch"

He nodded as he smirked before his eyes widen as if he just remembered something.

"Oh. That reminds me why I came here" He looked at me as he stepped up and walked over to me standing right in front of me.

"Khaleyah, I would like to take to out for lunch"

I began to blush my cheeks now burning with heat.

"Now?"

"Yes now" He chuckled while nodding.

In the corner of my eye I could see Kaylas arms flailing at me. I peeked behind him to see Kayla fanning me mouthing "GO" Her eyes then widen as she held her thumbs up now mouthing "Say Yes"