Chapter four

~ This chapter has two of the most unexpected, unusual tellings in the sequel of teach me how to flirt. I hope you like it, it’s more of a filler than anything else and yet I loved writing it, you’ll know why I loved it just as you read.

-Love muffin

She thought he could flirt

Chapter four:

Martin stormed away from Jasmine’s building, she broke his motorcycle and then told him to come to some boring thanksgiving dinner and she obviously harbors some sort of feelings towards that Zachariah person! And he was kicking his own ass in the hopes of impressing her!

He huffed angrily and stopped a cab to go to his place. He was already starting to feel a weird uncomfortable feeling in the pit of his stomach. A feeling of some sort of worry or expectancy of something that would happen, but he dismissed the feeling since it didn’t hint at anything.

When he reached his apartment, the sight awaiting him explained the feeling that unbearably haunted him for a while now.

He didn’t think the past would come and bite him in the back, but the least thing he actually honestly thought would happen, was for the present to turn around and lead him to a road he escaped secretly years ago.

He stopped at his tracks and stared at the wide opened front door of his apartment, if it was for him, he would have just walked away but he knew he couldn’t just do that.

He entered the apartment, pushing the fragments of what used to be furniture out of the way with his feet, a scowl covered his face, that day was getting better and better and please note the sarcasm.

He finally stopped in the middle of the apartment and glanced sideways, no noise was heard except for an echoing of some sounds coming from the apartments next door. He sighed and rubbed his face.

He wished this was just a normal thief action that wanted some money and came to look for it, but unfortunately Martino knew better.

This was because of what he did. They found him

He knew it was coming and he was sure it already happened when they found him at the club a while back. He thought he evaded them but obviously they managed to follow him, beat the crap out of him while he was following Jasmine the other day and now they did this to his place.

His thoughts whirling around miserably, his eyes circled with one thought that specifically made his heart drop and his knees to weaken.

He ran towards the window and grabbed a random rod from the floor; he used it to situate it between the frame itself and the wall.

He pushed the rod and it pulled out the window’s frame from the wall leaving an empty space where the frame should be. He created this hiding place himself so long ago when he realized he’ll have to find a place that’s safe for all the things he managed to escape with.

A satisfied smile covered his face when he saw the things laid out in front of him, a plastic bag was curled and pushed inside the hole, he used his fingers to get it out and then he opened the bag to check on the papers and CD’s.

“Thank god” he mumbled and pressed the bag to his chest. This bag was the only reason why he was alive till this day and as long as he has this bag, he will be living for a while as well.

He looked around one more time, grabbed a couple of pieces of clothes from the ground and tucked them inside a bag, he then put the plastic bag inside a random pants and put it in the bag, he knelt down and collected the dollars on the floor, which was something that proved how this vandalism had nothing to do with thieves. This was a pure threat.