Chapter sixteen

* much love :P

muffin x

She thought he could flirt

Chapter sixteen:

There was a deafening silence, a silence that shouldn’t have been there.

Given that Zachariah was screaming his ears off as well as pacing around the house in an attitude that roared crazy, Jasmine shouldn’t have felt the silence she was indulged in.

She was sitting on the big arm chair beside the television in the living room; her eyes were squinted slightly as the sun seeped through the window before her and concentrated on her pupils. Her legs were crossed over one arm of the chair while her back rested on the other arm, her stomach was making it a little difficult to sit comfortably but she didn’t care.

“how could you not tell me, how could you not—“ the same words Zack had been yelling for the past hour bored Jasmine out since at this point, her heart wasn’t present in the same room.

She received a text message. A very controversial text message that made her heart thump a million thumps a second. She felt all the nerves around her body come to life as her fingers tingled from anticipation of pressing ‘reply’.

The text was from an unknown number, but the words written were sent from a person who knew things, important things.

‘I have information about your fiancé. If you’re interested, contact me through this number.”

She frowned again, completely ignoring Zack’s tantrum,

Fiancé?

Did he mean Martino? But Martino wasn’t her fiancé!

A smile tugged on her lips, her heart fluttered at the image of him proposing and her smiling at the ring that she’ll forever carry as a symbol for their love.

But still, he wasn’t there, he didn’t propose, he merely disappeared!

The bigger part of her ached for her to run out of the house and meet that person –whoever he or she is- but the other sane scared part wanted to delete the message. Wanted to go out with Jason on a fourth date and everything would be fine. Maybe she’ll find in him a security Martino lacked.

But after all the thoughts that she had, she still couldn’t brush the excitement away. He was Martino, she wanted him to return, she wished for his return! And now, in her hands was a tangible source of information from which she could obtain any hints or whereabouts about him.

Another smiled tugged on her lips as she made up her mind.

“Will you look at me!!” Zack’s latest roar actually succeeded in making Jasmine’s eyes fly to his, she eyed him defiantly but suddenly, the defiance in her stance fell. She never saw Zack in that state, his eyes were angry, almost shining, his teeth were exposed as if he wished he could bite her, his hands were fisted beside him that his knuckles were white as the wall behind him.

“The baby is Martino’s child” she spoke, her voice was weak and low but she didn’t care it still proved that she will never feel ashamed in anyways from this baby. It was hers, theirs.

Zack passed his fingers through his hair before his tense shoulders fell

“why did you do this mistake?” he sighed, Jasmine’s eyes threw a look at Ella who was watching him painfully, almost as if she was in pain herself from watching him.

“It wasn’t and will never be a mistake to me, Zack”

His face lifted and an angry scowl covered his face,” oh, you will regret it.”