Chapter twenty one

** two more chapters

She thought he could flirt

Chapter twenty one:

Martin’s heart stopped beating.

Inside the flat, Jason glared at Jasmine as she moved far away from him,

“What’s so wrong about me wanting to kiss you?”

She rolled her eyes as if she believed he was joking but when she realized he was ‘not’ she said,” Because I love Martin!”

Martin’s heart stopped beating again, she loved him?

Why? How? When?

His mind was losing itself and Martin felt dizzy, so he supported his weight as silently as possible against the door.

“He forgot you!” Jason yelled angrily, Jasmine flinched,” he will remember me” she stated softly.

“No he won’t! He saw you right in front of his eyes and he couldn’t remember you! You’re dreaming! He won’t remember you!” Jason kept repeating over and over and Martin felt like he wanted to punch him.

“I wouldn’t have even met you if he didn’t send you with his I-pod the day he left me! We’ve always decided to be friends. More is impossible.” She stated firmly

Martin frowned, I-pod?

The one he saw in her room?

His eyes widened, that’s why it held all those amazing music he loved!

“Whatever look Jasmine, you’re pregnant, he’s the father and I know that! You don’t have to rub it in my face all the time but I am willing to be there for you. I can marry you and raise the kid! Martin will not remember!” Jason reasoned, Jasmine shook her head before fixedly saying,” No”

Martin, for some reason, felt a smile tugging his lips.

“Why!” Jason bellowed frustrated,” because if I marry you and Martin remembers me, a day or a week or even a decade from now, I’ll still choose him over you!”

Jason clenched his jaw trying to control himself

“You know what Jasmine? I’m not even going to argue with you on that. Just marry me, love will come after!”

Jasmine laughed and Martin didn’t understand why, he wanted to boil the fucking dude alive and she was laughing!

“Love will come after? I already am in love!”

Jason groaned angrily before slapping the air,” fine.”

Jasmine glared at him,” Fine!”

“you’ll wait for him forever?” he asked sarcastically, she retorted,” As long as it takes!”

Martin was feeling a weird feeling inside, pride or love maybe but he didn’t understand nor comprehend it. Suddenly he sensed footsteps approaching the door and so he turned around searching for a hiding place and then ran silently to the wall at the corner of the hall, he stood behind it and was grateful it wasn’t the way whoever was exiting will take to leave.

The door opened and a guy stormed out of it, he turned his face to look at where Martin is standing but he didn’t seem to know that someone was there. He was merely angry and not controlling where he was looking.

In a minute, Jasmine’s soft voice called after the guy,” Jason!”

That guy was Jason then…

Martin furrowed his eyebrows as he watched Jason storm away to the stairs at the other side of the hall. Jasmine suddenly ran out of the flat, her stomach under her cute dress and Martin watched her with fascination. She was supposed to be his lover, the mother of his child. They actually shared the highest form of intimacy…

Anger replaced the fascination as he realized he can’t remember the best thing about him.

She had tears running down her black eyes and she wiped her tears before yelling after the guy,” We’re friends and will forever stay like that!”

No one replied and so Jasmine returned back into the flat but Martin couldn’t understand why she didn’t bother with the door, a minute later though, she walked out of the flat and looked hopefully from left to right. His heart was going to break through his chest when her eyes passed by where he was hiding.

Her lips pouted and a sob escaped her before she dropped to the floor, her back sliding against the wall. Her hands uncovered an I-pod and Martin knew whose I-pod it was.

That must be his, since that’s what she said earlier. How could he not remember this?

Jasmine rubbed the I-pod with her thumb before whispering,” Hey honey”

Martin squinted his eyes before it dawned on him, she was speaking to him!

“I miss you” she sniffed,” Jason was acting like an ass. He had no right to ask for the sex of the baby. I wanted you to be there with me though, I really miss you. Will you ever remember me?” she cried softly and Martin hit his head against the wall silently wishing he could remember.

“I wish” he breathed

“I love you, please come back to me” she cried weakly, he closed his eyes and wished with all of his heart to remember. But he couldn’t. He just couldn’t

“Oh god” she croaked as she managed to stand up and return inside the house.

Martin stayed standing flabbergasted.

“I wish I could remember you” he stated as he passed his fingers through his hair and walked to the stairs.

He had to do something about it and he didn’t know what.

He had to decide

He had to act

And he thought about every scenario in his mind on his way home.