Chapter nineteen

** Two chapters left. [will be posted tomorrow]

She thought he could flirt

Chapter nineteen:

Jasmine walked silently astride Jason’s step to the doctor, she had a doctor’s appointment, the doctor was going to perform an ultrasound check and Jasmine was having butterflies in her stomach since she knew that since she was on her fourth month, the baby will show.

Earlier they ate burgers and talked but Jason was acting very weird after he asked about Martin. He seemed annoyed, worried, thoughtful…

She tried cheering him up and apologized for running away to throw up but he said it was nothing, but she couldn’t believe it.

She knew him

When they finally arrived at the building, Jasmine couldn’t help but squeal childishly and grab his arm in a firm grasp

“I’m going to see my baby!” he watched her with a slight dimpled smile on his face and she hugged him, he hugged her back and she felt how he pulled her closer.

Gulping, she pulled away and brushed away the hair that fell over her face,” I know I’ll know what sex he is next month, but seeing him as a human being is priceless to me.”

He nodded as they walked to the elevator.

“I wish Martino was here” she whispered under her breath and was startled when Jason reacted by snickering and saying,” Martino again”

She frowned, “yes, of course. He’s my child’s dad”

Jason huffed and lucky for him, the elevator doors opened, Jasmine took a deep breath since she felt uncontrolled anger bubbling up inside her and she knew it had something to do with her pregnancy and she didn’t want to mistreat Jason because of a selfish excuse as that.

When she felt in control somehow, she followed him and they informed the nurse that they’re there for their appointment and she told them to wait a second. Jasmine smiled sweetly at the lady and was led by Jason to an empty chair.

They sat next to each other and Jason reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers, Jasmine frowned questioningly at him but he wasn’t looking at her or their hands, he was staring at a random direction with clenched jaws. Jasmine was feeling uncomfortable with the gesture, but she felt he needed emotional support somehow and that was the only reason why she ignored the touch as much as she could and just let his hands pull love from her.

 The ‘Innocent affection’ type of love

~

Bianca laughed at the comment Martino threw at Lenny.

“You’re being mean.” she whined before controlling the words she was just going to say. Her mother and father told her that Martin didn’t remember any of them so she shouldn’t press him to remember, but he seemed to be himself around her naturally.

Suddenly, the door to Martino’s house rang multiple time and Bianca’s eyes widened. Martino clenched his jaw and when his mother ran out of the kitchen to get it, he held her arm

“let me get it” he mumbled in a serious tone and approached the door slowly, as soon as he turned the knob and opened the door, Bianca’s scream plus the sight in front of him made Martin jump out of his skin.

“Jesus Christ” he breathed as he ran to where Gasper was laying on the ground with a bloody shirt, he was holding a gun.

“What happened to you?” Martino whispered as he pressed on the coin sized hole in Gasper’s chest to stop it from spitting blood.