Chapter twenty two

She thought he could flirt

Chapter twenty two:

‘’what is the feeling that controls the deep strings of our hearts, reaches for our mind and controls our urges? It’s an emotion that comes with aid of a modern tactic- Flirting-

“It is love”

Martin sat on his bed staring at the wall in front of him. He just woke up and he couldn’t remember anything. He wished he could remember whatever Jasmine said earlier but he couldn’t remember anything.

As he stared at the wall for hours straight, he realized that his heart was still in love with her. Was it normal for feelings to defy the power of memory?

Is it real? The love he feels to her?

He was sure of one thing, Jasmine was his lover, and he loved her and he couldn’t remember it but he felt it.

He doesn’t understand how he could still love her if he can’t remember her but he loves her.

The feeling of happiness he felt when he realized she was pregnant with his baby, the feeling of pride that controlled him when he heard her defending their love even though he didn’t remember her deepened the weird bond he felt towards her.

He jumped off the bed and got dressed planning to go visit Gasper.

As he parked at the hospital and walked to Gasper’s room, his mind was still preoccupied with Jasmine and all the new things he discovered.

He knocked the door and popped his head inside to see Bianca talking to Gasper and Lenny, Bianca’s baby was sleeping on the couch.

“Hey” he said as he stepped inside the room, Gasper smiled at him,” hey man”

“How are you feeling?” Martin asked

“Better” he replied happily. Bianca walked to Martin and hugged him, he smiled at her nicely.

“So you know that I’m your best friend now, right?” Gasper asked smiling but Martin could see the worry in his eyes.

“I know that Jasmine is my fiancé too” he stated, Gasper and Bianca’s mouths dropped.

“Crap?” Gasper joked; Martin laughed and shook his head

“What are you going to do?” Bianca asked,” well I’m not sure yet” he replied honestly, they nodded understandingly.

“You heard about the guys that attacked me?” Gasper chimed in excitedly, Martin shook his head.

“They’re dead but their gang is arrested and your name is now back in the FBI”

Martin nodded slowly,” that means I’m still an FBI agent?”

Gasper nodded and Bianca grinned,” well, I’ll think about it. Thanks though, you risked your life for me” Martin said truthfully

“Martin, if you remembered the past, you’ll know that you practically sacrificed yourself for us more than once.”

Martin looked at his friend thoughtfully wishing something would hit him but nothing happened. He sighed frustrated.

“Well, I’ll go now” he said nicely and they nodded smiling.

“We’ll see you later” they said and he waved at them as he exited the room and in a couple of minutes he was back in his car heading to Jasmine’s flat.

When his knuckles knocked the door and no one answered, he groaned a little pissed and that was why he resorted to asking the neighbors who turned out to know that Jasmine had an older sister and she’s the only relative she has.