Chapter Twelve

She thought he could flirt

Chapter twelve:

France had just left by order of Jasmine who was now staring at their usual spot on the pavement, her eyes turned around to search for him, her mind decided to deny and she just waited for him as she stood by the door she just got out of.

She didn’t want to sit there alone.

He told her he loved her, he said so, he pressed on it, repeated it, made it as clear as the sun at noon, he swore, he showed her when they bonded, when they kissed, when they touched, when they…

Her eyes blinked furiously as she realized he always said that when he had to leave then he is doing it just because he truly has to.

Jasmine, stop excusing him, he left you

He had to

He could have stayed with you

He must have known it’s going to hurt and he loves me

He left you

No he didn’t

He is not there

He will come back, he always comes back

Jasmine approached their spot and she lowered her body till she sat on the pavement. She blinked once pushing back the tears and then she started humming random songs she memorized from his music list. Her tears though didn’t oblige to her wishes, they fell freely, teasing her creamy cheeks, slowly escaping with parts of her pain.

As her vision was blurred by all the tears blinding her, a hand appeared in front of her eyes and she wished it was him, but it wasn’t his hand.

She lifted her gaze to look at a young guy who was smiling sympathetically at her

“He told me to give you this and to tell you he loves you and he’ll come back to you if he survives”

Jasmine’s eyes widened as his other hand showed her his I-pod, headsets and charger.

“h- He was here?” she mumbled to her self

“Yes, he was. And he told me to tell you that he will come back if he survives”

She nodded with a frown on her face

Survive what?

She took the things and smiled at the guy

“I’m Jason” he said softly and held onto her free hand to give her support

She smiled with pain before saying,” I’m jasmine”

He left after that and she turned on the I-Pod and listened to the music through her headset, leaving his headset on its own

He will come back

..

Please come back

~

Elizabeth laughed as Sam told her how his father freaked out when he saw the newest game Sam was playing.

“It wasn’t my fault the man I am walks through the bad sides of the streets.”

Elizabeth was still laughing

“So that means you know how a girl looks like when she’s naked?”

Sam blushed,” I have an idea…”

Elizabeth laughed again before smiling at his words. Ever since Sam made it a point protecting her, no one bugged her again, and he is always around her, which helped in making them get even closer than ever.

The bell rang and she jumped up and excused Sam for a second, she descended the stairs and opened the door to see Jasmine leaning against the door’s frame with sad, oh so sad eyes.

“Aunt Jas-“

“Where’s your mom” she asked blankly, Elizabeth frowned

“Upstairs with my dad”

“Call her for me” she said as she stepped inside the house staring at nothing, Elizabeth didn’t understand what was wrong but she ran up the stairs to call her mom.

~

“J.”  Ella said softly as she entered the living room tying the robe around her.

Jasmine lifted her head from between her palms and she pouted at her sister

“Ella” she whispered, the name breaking into a weep, Ella covered her mouth in frightened worry, “What’s wrong?”

“H-he left me” Jasmine cried, understanding flashed through Ella’s eyes and she walked to her sister, she sat down and hugged her

“I am sure he’ll come back, he loves you”

Jasmine broke away and wiped her tears away,” He did tell me that yesterday! He told me that he loved me, I believed him and I still do, but he just left even though I begged him to never leave.”

Ella nodded with a nostalgic look on her face as if she lived through the same thing once,

“I understand, something must be happening to him”

Jasmine nodded,” when I told him to not leave, he always said he’d have to”

Ella bit her lip watching her sister crying

“today a guy came to me and gave me Martin’s I-pod, obviously he left them for me and he asked that random guy to tell me that he loved me and that he’ll come back if he survived. What the hell does ‘if he survived’ mean?!”

Ella frowned thoughtfully,” didn’t you ask him about it?”

“He never opened the topic” Jasmine breathed

“At least you didn’t take it to the next level” Ella said eying Jasmine from under her lashes

Jasmine’s cries stopped and she guiltily stared at her sister who in a minute opened her mouth and slowly said,” Oh”

Jasmine repeated,” Oh”

“You used protection?” she asked hopeful

Jasmine bit her lips, Ella cursed

“Me and Zack waited till we got married, J.!”

“We’re not you guys! We’re not as perfect as you are!”

Ella sighed and rubbed her temples

“Do you think you might get impregnated?”

Jasmine frowned bewilderingly at her sister

“Impregnated?! Geez sis”

Ella laughed slightly before she noticed how her sister’s eyes fell again and tears escaped her

“I love him” she whispered, Ella pouted and nodded,” I know”

She hugged her and let her wet her robe.

She interrupted a very important conversation between her and her husband but right this instant, her sister needed her more.

“Can I stay here with you for a couple of days?” Jasmine begged, Ella eyed her questioningly, Jasmine explained with much trouble and a couple of tears,” I’m not used to sleeping in the apartment alone”

Ella nodded feeling sorry for her sister but she said,” Of course, Jasmine. That’s your house too hun”

Jasmine nodded and looked at her hands.

They missed his.