Chapter 05

Playing with Janet

Playing with Janet

Insane. That is what Charlie is going to become if she hears another piggish squeal coming from one of Hayden's groupies. It's sixth period and during this time the girl would normally be rejoicing because the school day would soon conclude. However, for the last forty minutes, she has been doing the exact opposite. This, ladies and gentlemen, is what she would deem as agonizing torture at its finest. The world must want to watch her suffer. That has to be it.

Charlie's convinced that every single person in the universe is conspiring against her. She can barely tolerate one class with the school's so-called Knight in Shining Armor (pun intended), who always causes the estrogen levels to skyrocket through the roof wherever he ventured. So how is she supposed to handle three hours of irritating giggles and obnoxious whispers for the next one hundred and eighty days?

The answer is simple, she can't. She doesn't have the patience.

If this is going to be the case, she might as well drop out at this rate. She sees no point in continuing. She will not be able to focus properly and before they even reached Thanksgiving break, Charlie's a hundred and twenty percent positive she'll wind up suspended at least ten times because of these relentless girls. She has nothing personal against Hayden. It isn't his fault that he's been blessed with good genes and a heart composed of pure gold. Sometimes, she just wishes he'd grow a backbone and tell all of those obsessive hags to hop off of his dick for once. Okay, maybe not in those exact words but you understand, right?

Charlie has known the guy for years; they actually grew up in the same neighborhood. Ever since they were five, they have been attending the same school which meant they carpooled often. Believe it or not, the two of them were even considered to be friends at one point. Back then, being involved with Hayden Knight was actually quite all right. They would talk about comic books and video games, play catch and kick-the-can. Doing things kids their age did.

Then bam!

Puberty came a knocking and he transformed into an instant chick magnet. His braces were out of the picture. He sprouted six inches over summer break and his voice grew deeper. Girls were constantly flocking around him, like moths to a flame or bees to honey, and naturally the two of them drifted apart. Charlie didn't sulk or mope though. It wasn't her style. Besides, she met Jillian soon afterwards and wasn't given the chance to miss her friendship with Hayden. Like they say: when one door closes, another one opens.

The bell rings at last and the first person to shoot up from her seat and evacuate the room is Charlie. The halls begin to fill up with students streaming in from every direction. She dodges them without a problem and scurries towards the parking lot. She has to be at work in an hour and a half which gives her just enough time to squeeze in a quick powernap and perhaps even a little snack. She is the first to reach the truck. A few seconds later, Alexander climbs into the back seat. With her patience wearing thin, Charlie counts down the amount of time Ian has before she leaves his sorry ass stranded.