Chapter 47

Author's Thoughts: I so hope your hearts are ready for this because for Ethan and Charlie, this is as sweet as they will ever get... for now <3

Playing with Arrows, Stars & Marshmallows

Throughout the entire car ride, there is not a single moment of silence lingering between Ethan and Charlie. With the radio set on low, acting as background noise, the two of them would talk animatedly to one another about an assortment of things. Their topics range from more embarrassing childhood memories to their best stats from Gears of Wars. Never do they run out of stuff to discuss, which shows how well they just—click

It's a good thing too because the first stop Charlie plans on making is approximately a half an hour drive from where they live. So, the conversations serve as distractions while also seamlessly passing the time for the two of them.

Once she spots the familiar sign up ahead, Charlie hits her turn signal and pulls up into a long dirt-driveway, which eventually leads to a concrete-paved lot. "We're here," she announces, successfully parking the truck in one attempt.

Ethan peers out the window and is greeted with the sight of a large building that looks like it's going to cave in and collapse at any given moment. Then, he notices the sign hanging above the entrance before he shifts back towards the girl. "You brought me to an archery place?" he questions, both of his brows arched in surprise. Why does he feel like she's going to hunt him down or something like in The Hunger Games.

"Yeah," Charlie affirms. "Have you ever tried it before?" She exits the vehicle and Ethan is quick to follow suit.

"No, my hand-eye coordination skills are absolute shit," he laughs, shaking his head. "I don't think I'd be any good at it," he admits candidly as they draw closer and closer to the establishment.

It's not too late.

He could still turn back. He doesn't want to humiliate himself in front of the girl he likes, especially when this is supposed to be their first official date. It might have been spontaneous and completely last minute but for Charlie to take the initiative and put today together for him is more than enough to have Ethan swooning. Besides, he's already shared some of the most terrifyingly embarrassing moments of his life with her. What difference will another one make?

"Then today's your lucky day because, and not to brag or anything since we all know that's your forte, I've been doing this for quite some time now. Tell you what, I'll even volunteer to be your personal instructor," declares the girl.

Ethan holds the door open for her and gestures for Charlie to enter first. When she passes by him, he whispers, "That's cute. You thought you had a choice." His hot breath fans against the shell of her ear but Charlie, despite the spike in temperature her body is currently experiencing, maintains her composure. However, the faint layer of blush Ethan has been getting better at catching does not surpass his keen senses and the corners of his lips curl upwards as he trails her inside. Compared to the outside, the interior of the building looks much more updated and stable.