Chapter 33

Playing with Bullies

Typically, her big doe eyes and pouty lips (which are trembling ever so slightly at the moment) would be more than enough to render any normal guy useless. Followed by a bat of her long lashes and her victims stand no chance. The poor suckers would be dropping to their knees by now, completely at her mercy, willing to cater to the girl's every wish and command, whatever they may be.

Jillian's infamous puppy-dog face, however, has no effect on her best friend. It's extremely rare for Charlie to find anything cute and unfortunately for Jillian, she is not included in that selective category.

Call her heartless but that's how Charlie works. Besides, if she allows her best friend to manipulate her so easily, who knows what kind of crazy situations she would find herself in. Despite what you might think, spending a night in the slammer is not on Charlie's bucket list. "No, Jill. I am not going to stay and suffer with you," she rejects as she shuts her locker and turns to look at the blonde.

"You're not going to suffer," Jillian huffs, her lips now molded into a frown. "The auditions for the first talent show aren't that bad. You're just exaggerating. Shouldn't you show some school spirit or something?"

Charlie sends her the stink-eye. "If it's not that bad, you can sit through it with the rest of the organizers without me. I'm not interested in watching people sing, dance or whatever the fuck it is that they do at those things. If I wanted to see stuff like this, I can just go onto YouTube in the comfort of my own room."

Jillian refuses to resign. She has to get Charlie to go with her. It's her only chance of staying entertained while also preventing Derek Siviyan from making any shameless advances towards her. The guy might be good-looking and everything, but he is one big creep who doesn't know how to take no for an answer. He's had a thing for Jillian since last year when they had chemistry together and he still hasn't given up on her! Talk about scary persistent! He has psycho written all over him and Jillian regrets not realizing it sooner.

At first, the girl had been flattered. However, she didn't feel the same way as he did, especially after she discovered he and his friends were involved in some sick and twisted game where they competed, on a weekly basis, on how many chicks they could land in bed. To do that, they often lied to the girls.

They would romance them, make their victims believe they really did care for them and their tactics were almost foolproof. After the deed was done and the guys got what they wanted, they would dispose of the girls and the bits and pieces of their shattered hearts, as though they were taking out the garbage.

Jillian doesn't care if people like to have sex. It's normal. She's not judging Derek and his buddies for that. But for them to make it into a game, something you do for the hell of it so you can brag later on, is what she finds utterly disgusting.

Women are not objects.

They have feelings.

They can get hurt.