Prologue

Harry was still cussing to himself as he pulled out of the driveway of his London home towards the M1 motorway, heading North. He had planned to leave mid-morning but had unusually overslept due to a gruelling interview schedule with a late finish the previous day. It was now just after lunchtime and if the volume of traffic on the road was anything to go by the journey ahead would probably take well over the normal three hours.

Still, he decided not let his tardiness ruin the journey. Time to himself these days was so rare that being alone behind the wheel, with no distractions or demands and just space to think and breath for a few hours, was precious time he would gladly take. After all he should be in a happy mood, he was heading back to his childhood home, the place where he felt safest and to the person he trusted more implicitly than anyone else in the world, to his mum Anne.

Harry Styles, one fifth of the world's most in-demand boyband who had been put together on a UK talent show in 2010. And what a four years it had been. Non-stop hard work with record breaking albums, a string of hit singles, constant World touring, copious music awards and enough merchandise you can shake a stick at, the band had propelled to unprecedented international success across the Globe. Harry was flying high, well professionally at least, and the world was most definitely his oyster.

So, he decided to go easy on himself for once and settle behind the wheel for the long journey ahead. Turning up the music so it was blaring through the car, he sat back to enjoy the drive.

Soon the noise and grey of London disappeared behind him and the rolling fields of the countryside came into view, signalling he was edging ever nearer to Cheshire and the safe haven of his family home.