The Together Risk It All Edit

After making love for the first time, we wake up wrapped around each other under the blankets to a fabulous azure sky and little or no breeze.  A perfect Spring day to spend enjoying being together around the cottage.

My palm rests on his soft tummy and right ear lays against Harry's chest.  I can hear the feint beating of his heart beneath his skin.  I drag my chin up to meet his gaze and notice a small tattoo over his heart.  I haven't asked him yet about the meanings of any of his tattoos but this one stands out against the rest.  

My fingers skim across the picture, tracing the outline.  Resting his chin on his chest, Harry looks down at me.

"This is such a beautiful tattoo Harry?" I am so intrigued by it.  

"Thank you, I'm glad you like it." He smiles fondly. 

"What birds are they?"

"It is two Hummingbirds." 

"So pretty.  What does it represent or did you get it just because you liked it."

"Both really.  Hummingbirds are dainty but symbolise great courage, enjoyment of life and lightness of being."

"Wow, the colours are amazing."  I am listening to him whilst taking in the intricacies of the tattoo. 

"Yes the colours are.  The birds appear out of nowhere and spring joy in the heart.  They are able to move their wings in a figure of eight pattern; a symbol of infinity."    

"Why did you get two together?"

"Oh as a mated pair they signify devotion, permanence, eternity and life.  Natasha I got the tattoo in Sydney after meeting you."

I flick my eyes up to meet his dazzling green ones.  He is looking at me knowingly and a feeling of awe sweeps right through me.  Harry's arms encircle tighter around me.  

"Natasha, you are my Hummingbird.  My passion, my light, my joy, my colour."

Tears pool my eyes, "In Sydney, you felt this way even back then?"

"Yes, even back then." He smiles lovingly and pecks my lips.  

"Oh my God, this is so, I don't know what to say."

He shakes his head.  "You don't need to say anything, just know that I love you with every single part of me."   

I pull him close to me and kiss him deeply then mumble lips.  "And I love you too, so much."

In the late afternoon, Harry suggests we walk down the steep hill to the picturesque pub at the bottom by the Loch to grab a bite to eat and have some drinks.  We enjoy the stroll hand-in-hand and when we get there are pleased to find it is not very busy being that it is out of season and mid-week. 

The evening has a chilly breeze but we sit in the beer garden on a little wooden picnic table beside the Loch.  The water laps quietly against the bank as we eat and drink and chat.  We want to bask in the peace, tranquillity and freedom whilst we can. 

Harry goes inside to the bar to settle the bill and the barman confirms a taxi wait will be at least an hour.  We should have thought that this isn't London where we can just hail one on the street.  Harry suggests we could always walk it.  The hill is long and steep and walking down is easy but will be hard work back up, even for us two who are relatively fit.  He shrugs it off so I go along with the plan. 

As suspected it is hard work!  All the way menacing clouds have been gathering overhead and the wind has picked up.  I know how quickly the weather can change in this part of the world and indicate to Harry to increase the walking pace.  We make it about three quarters of the way up when large drops of rain begin to fall, splashing hard on the surface of the road.