The Walk Away Edit

I sleep unusually soundly right through the night. When I wake the following morning I wonder if Harry is still downstairs on my sofa or whether he woke during the night and left. I pull on some grey sweats and a tee, gather my hair up into a messy bun and head downstairs.

Harry is in exactly the same position I left him in; lying on his back and sprawled out along the entire length of the sofa. One of his long legs is hanging off the side with his foot resting on the floor, his sock lost somewhere under the blanket during the night. His strong arms are clutched around Darcy, hugging the fluffy bear tightly to his chest and covering his face where snores emanate softly.

I make some tea and place a steaming mug next to him down on the table beside the sofa. He stirs, half opening his eyes. Sitting in the armchair opposite, I observe sleepy morning Harry. He clumsily turns his lanky body slowly to rest on its side facing me, stretching his lean legs out so his feet hang off the end of the sofa. His wild curls frame his face as his hand runs through the tangles to try and tame their morning messiness. His not woken up yet eyes are fluttering rapidly to try and remain open and full pink lips protrude in a slight pout at having to wake from his comfy slumber. He quite simply looks adorable. His gruff rasp brings me out of my staring and is enough to send my insides into a frenzy.

"Morning."

"Morning sleepy. Sorry about the phone call, I had to speak to my dad."

"Sno problem, snorry I fell asleep, you should've woken me," he responds sleepily, his eyes struggling to stay open.

"Well you looked quite comfy so I decided to leave you where you were. Hope that's ok?"

"Well sno glad you did swas the best nights sleep I've had in ages," he says stretching his arms above his head and then reaching over for his mug of tea. "Everything s'ok with your dad?"

"Yes thanks, we haven't spoken for a while and he wanted to catch up, hope you don't think I was rude."

"Not at all Natasha, you know how I feel, exactly the same about my family." He answers reassuringly.

He swigs down his tea and rises off the sofa, stretching his entire body fully again. His tee rides up to reveal two fern tattoos poking out at the base. My eyes are drawn to the hair of his happy trail and his prominent V line. He catches me staring at him and I look away embarrassed at being caught.

He gestures awkwardly that he's going to the bathroom and on his return says he better get off. He hastily puts on his boots and coat and walks towards the front door.

"Thanks for a fun evening" he says looking sheepishly towards me.

"No thank you, I had a lovely time," but I hardly have time to complete my reply as he opens the door, steps outside and leaves.

I push the door gently closed after him and rest my forehead against the rough wood. I am totally confused about what just happened. His swift exit is odd. Yes we went out as 'friends' but his gestures towards me were more than friendly. Or were they? Is it my imagination working overtime as usual?

My guard that I had begin to let slip a little suddenly shoots up. I take a deep shaky breath in and exhale ever so slowly blowing my angst away from me. I refuse to analyse his strange actions this morning compared to our lovely evening last night. I shouldn't have gone out with him, what was I thinking?