Love Letter One

Thursday, 8th January 2014

Springwood Barn, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England.

My Darling Natasha,

We met for the first time today, well not the actual first time as we did go to the same school, but our first meeting in a long time. I don't really remember you from back then, well not as I saw you today anyway. You were just standing there in mum's kitchen so shy and awkward which I couldn't understand as you were completely beautiful.

I was home for the weekend and felt tired after my long drive from London. To be honest after waltzing in and bear hugging Mum I was embarrassed to find we weren't alone. When Mum said your name and I turned around I immediately noticed your eyes. They blew me away so much I couldn't take my eyes off you and found myself staring. It was like I was in a trance. They were the most amazing big chocolate brown eyes that pulled me towards them.

You seemed reluctant to shake my hand but when my large fingers finally wrapped around your small ones I didn't want to let them go. I ran my fingers over your palm feeling almost delirious for a split second. More embarrassment but I couldn't help it!

I made up the excuse to get my bag from the car to get out of the kitchen before I made anymore of a fool of myself.

Unfortunately that was short-lived because we crossed again at the front door and it was then that I was closer to you and noticed so much emotion behind your big browns hidden under those thick long eyelashes.

Of course, I made a complete idiot of myself and said the roads were icy so drive safely! You must have thought me to be a complete numpty.

After you left I asked Mum about you being there because I was so intrigued that you seemed to know her so well but I didn't know you or had met you when I'd visited home before. That's when she told me about you helping out with her charity.

I'd never really believed in love at first sight as I found out to my cost before what can appear beautiful on the outside can be quite the opposite on the inside. But you seemed different to me. An anomaly from the norm, so withdrawn and reticent. You captivated something in me from that very moment.

You said to call you Tasha but Natasha is so much prettier and suits you so much better. So I resolved to call you Natasha from that day onwards as if I had anything to do with it I was going to see you again.

My love is always yours, H.x

PS: I even watched your car drive away until the lights disappeared through the gates!