Love Letter Twelve

Tuesday, 25th March 2014
Eskdale House, The Heath, London, England.

My Darling Natasha,

I was excited about the few days we would be together at my London home. It was an opportunity to spend uninterrupted time together. It was a luxury I didn't usually enjoy and I was looking forward to sharing it with you.

I searched for a long time trying to find the perfect house and saw many properties in different areas of London. However, when I first set eyes on this one and ventured inside I knew straight away it was the one for me and wasted no time in purchasing it. It wasn't a mansion but an impressive property nonetheless that has character and history. It was a home that would grow with me and I loved it. Also the area it is set in is like an island of beautiful countryside in the city, close enough to Central London to be convenient but with leafy streets and large grassy open spaces with room to breath. The best of both worlds.

As soon as we arrived I could tell you liked it by the bright expression and smile on your face and the way you walked around it, running your fingers over ornaments and pictures and taking an interest in them. You were so relaxed.

Of course, first night I didn't want to assume we would sleep in the same bed even though we had at your house. I was relieved when we did though as to hold you in my arms, in my bed, in my house was perfect and I slept deeply that night.

Waking up beside you again was perfect but you were agitated that morning because I called you Natasha. It wasn't until you explained that only your mum called you by your name in full did I understand. She truly loved you unconditionally and it was reserved for her.

There was no doubt in my mind that I would relent and agree to calling to Tasha. I knew that I was falling for you and as much as my inner voice was telling me not to say it I could hold it in no longer. So I did, I told you. You were quiet and I knew you were analysing it because you were not like me, you didn't wear your heart on your sleeve and jump easily, you were more measured and controlled and that is why we complimented each other so wonderfully.

I didn't want to scare you but I wanted you to understand my feelings so I just went for it and let my emotions pour out of me. It was important to me that you knew that I'd felt something since the first day I met you in my mum's kitchen. That pull towards you that balances me when I get there. The only other person who does that is mum and that is how I knew it is right. I knew you felt it too, not necessarily by your words, because you weren't big on words, but by your actions.

As you relaxed in my arms I knew you felt the same but you didn't say it. I wasn't disappointed, I just wanted you to understand how I felt, so any insecurities you may have had be would be gone.

My love is always yours, H.x

PS: Just to reconfirm, I Love You!