The Fortune Cookie Edit

It's Monday and Harry is flying into Heathrow today. I've spent the whole weekend completing all my holiday coursework and some revision for exams after the Easter break in preparation for him visiting on Wednesday. It is just as well because on Monday evening there is a knock at the door and to my absolute surprise stands Harry!

Initially we hover tentatively just staring at each other without saying a word. Despite all our interactions from afar, he's answered my biggest fear, he's come back to me. He steps inside and as he puts his luggage down in a heap in the hallway he turns sharply towards me. One hand cups my cheek and I lean hard into his touch. No words pass between us but the same feelings from two months ago on this exact same spot consume every part of me.

He kisses me so slowly but passionately that he takes my breath away. His hand reaches around the back of my neck and I fumble to shut the door as his other arm then wraps around my waist. He pulls me closer into his body as both my hands are just held up in the air but my fingers find their way into his curls and I rake through them, tugging at the ends. He moans sloppily into my mouth.

Our kiss is not broken as he guides me down the hallway walking backwards towards the snug. Both of his arms move up my back as he turns me so the back of my knees hit the end of the sofa, I sink backwards onto the cushions pulling him on top of me. We spend the next 15 minutes lying on the sofa, consumed by each other, lips locked hungrily together.

"I've been waiting for two months to acquaint myself with your mouth again," Harry's tone is raspy through his kisses and he has a relieved look in his eye.

I can't help but smile at him. "Well now you have kind Sir because I do believe my lips are swollen from your onslaught."

Tickling me he laughs, "now I've had your mouth get me some tea you wench, I'm gasping!"

I get up from the sofa and he follows, standing behind me and clasping his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder. We waddle into the kitchen and at every opportunity he kisses me on my neck, cheeks, shoulders, his hands never unclasping from my waist. I feel so unbelievably happy in this moment. Tingles spark off my skin wherever his lips touch me.

"You sure know how to surprise a girl, I thought you were flying into London today?" I ask in surprise.

His hold around my waist tightens just a little bit. "I couldn't do it, had to change the flight to Manchester" he mumbles through kisses on my neck.

"What do you mean, was there a problem?" I am still confused.

"You could say that yes, I couldn't be on UK soil and 170 miles away from you for a moment longer."

I spin around and look at him in awe at what he's just said. Cupping his face between my hands I just stare into his beautiful tired eyes. "That is the single nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me."

Harry rests his forehead on mine, "I had to see you, couldn't wait." He kisses me again and I feel light headed and my insides are spinning.

"Well it was the nicest of surprises, thank you."

His touch has not left me since he stepped through the door and it doesn't leave me as we drink our tea. When finished I put the mugs in the sink as he snuggles into my neck, "Can I stay tonight?"

I'm not prepared and I hesitate but he realises how I have taken his question and lightheartedly responds, "oh just to sleep, I'm too jet knackered for anything else!"

I let out a childish pout, cocking my head to one side, "oh I am obviously not that irresistible then."

In response Harry lifts me over his shoulder, plants a small smack on my behind and says "up to bed for you wench, I need some hearty cuddles."