Chapter 21: How Could You?

Y/n P.O.V.

I stood up, dragging my feet, barely awake. It was still dark out, and everyone is still sleeping. My parents, to be exact. I quietly crept down the stairs, hoping I wouldn't wake up my parents, I walked into the kitchen. I suddenly felt chills run down my spine, almost as if some was right behind me. I took a quick glance behind me only to realize my imagination was getting the best of me. As I sat on a chair, I heard a faint noise. Listening carefully, it began to sound almost like a heartbeat. It was slow, yet an uncomfortable sound.

I shook my head, what's wrong with me? I never really  have enjoyed sitting alone in the dark, my mind always played tricks on me. To the point where  every little sound was the most horrific thing the world. I took in a shaky breathe and looked around once more. 'There's no one there...'

Wait...

My eyes widened and I looked at the door in the kitchen which led outside, the doorknob was turning. I felt my stomach drop as I, what?! The door is always locked! I wanted to desperately run up the stairs to my parents and tell them someone was in the house, but my body said otherwise.

The door slowly opened, and who ever it was, was talking to someone. "I'll see you tomorrow, yes, bye." That voice. It couldn't be! As the lights were turned on the one standing before me, was my own father. There was a smile on his face, but it quickly faded as he saw me. The silence between us seemed to go one forever, until I spoke first, "D-dad? Why... Mom... I-Is she with you?", he stood there, he shook his head slowly. I felt a piece of my heart was torn. I sat there, my mind was racing, I couldn't think properly. My father walked over to me slowly. "Y/N, listen to me. You don't mention any of this to your mom, ok?"

H-he's cheating on mom? No. He wouldn't do that! No! I looked at him, tears were forming and I was furious. "How could you?! Why?! And now more than ever!" He seemed shocked at my response. "Lower your voice. I can't stand your mom, my little angel is gone and your mom has turned into a drunk. Try to understand." I stood up and looked at him in disbelief. I know my mother has been drinking a little more than usual, but still he has to be there for her! I turned away from him, and made my way up the stairs. I heard him follow. "Please don't tell your mother. Please."

I stopped halfway up the stairs, "I won't." He replied, "Thank y-" I cut him off "I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for her. She'll be devastated if I tell her." With that I went to my room, and ran into the bathroom locking the door. 'Why... why now?!' I tried to hold back my screams, but they only came out as tears, I sank to the tiled floor, feeling lost and broken. I continued to sob, he's been cheating on her.... I cried myself to sleep.

"Someone's" P.O.V

I watched as the whole dramatic scene unfolded. I felt quite intrigued. I was in the living room, hiding in the shadows.

"How could you?! Why?! And now more than ever!" Y/n yelled, at the man, her "father". He seemed surprised by her response. I smelled perfume on him, it was very faint, Y/n couldn't smell it. I continued to watch as he tried to explain. She walked up the stairs, "Please don't tell your mother. Please."

He's begging! How pathetic. I felt myself get a bit angry. I saw her go into her room, leaving he father standing there. I then remembered the heart in my grasp. It was still beating, but only slightly. I had taken it on my way here. I looked at her father and then turned to leave, climbing out the window.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Super sorry for the late update! Also, it's the first day of 2016!!!! Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve. And thank you to those who have kept reading my story, it's my first one :) 
But thank you ssssooooooooo much for reading it! *hugs*