Chapter 2: Life at home

Your P.O.V

I walked home desprately trying to wipe away the tears that were streaming down my face. Today has become very difficult beause I know I'm walking home with fresh wounds and have to come up with an excuse to get to my room quickly and not let my family notice the wounds.'Damn it! Now i'll see how this turns out.'

-In the house-

As I walk in I can hear my parents talking to eachother over something, and my sister,Amy, was in the living room watching some barbie movie. I quietly try to walk upstairs ,but I hear my mom call me into the kitchen to eat. "Mom i'll eat in a minute. I just have to put my things away." I tell her. "No you have to eat something." she replied which was not want I thought would happen. "Mom! I'll eat after I put my stuff away. Not like I'm going anorexic or something!" I shout from the top of the stairs , and then dash to my room. I drop my backpack on the floor and run to the bathroom and pull out bandages and quickly wrap my wrist up and try to calm myself.
I then walk to my closet and pull on a  black sweatshirt. I knew it was not the right thing to do but if I tell my parents about Jake and his friend everyting will get worse. I walk over to my mirror to look at myself and start to cry. I look horrible! 'Jake was right! I am ugly no wonder I'm so alone.' i thought to myself. I turned  to my door but imediately stopped. I feel it again, like i'm being watched. My window was closed but still. I continue to walk to my door and try to ignore the feeling. When I got into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "(Y/N)...(Y/N)! Are you listening?" my mom yelled. I didn't notice that my mom was calling my name but imediately snapped bck into reality. "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening."  I told her, but knew it wasn't enough. Mom didn't say anything else but just atte her dinner.

The sound of footsteps were heard coming down the staircase. Dad. "Hi. how was your day?" he asked us. I had to lie like always. "Fine. Well my day was." I told him, and my sister said "I had fun today. We learned how to multiply!" she said with a cheeky smile. Dad just smiled and sat across from mom. "Oh! I brought this from school!" said Amy holding out her weekly grade report check-in. Fear hit me like someone had just taken all the oxygen out of the air. Dad's once calm face turned serious, which was never a good sign. "Y/N where is your grade report?" he said with that frightening voice i was now trembling in fear. "I-I don't know. i never got it." i said looking down at my feet. "Y/N.. Where is it?" he sounded irritated now. i burst into tears "Fine! i have it." i ran upstairs to grab it then came running back out and handed it to him. "I was afraid you would hurt me." nothing was said, he read it and said " You have improved but you have to get these grades up." and with that he slapped me cross the face and said "At least you didnt disappoint me so much this year. Both of you go  to your rooms.." My sister and i left. Both making our way to our rooms, bt as soon as i got inside and locked the door. I rushed to my corner and sobbed for what seemed like hours.