A Hybrid's Master (Chapter 21) ~ Alex And His Past Come To Terms: Part 2

A Hybrid’s Master (Chapter 21) ~ Alex And His Past Come To Terms: Part 2

            As I reached Alex’s room I kind of freak out. I squeezed my hand, feeling the knife’s handle. I came prepared to handle anything. I knocked on the door and I opened it, not waiting for a response. When I saw Alex on the floor and Raymond Andrews standing over him with his foot curled back in a kicking position. I dropped the knife and let my instincts overcome me and I shifted into my fox form.

            I ran and jumped onto Raymond. He fell back with a thud and I started to bite and claw at him. His screams were nothing to me as I let my animal protect my mate. My teeth went to his ear and tore it right off. The blood tasted amazing as the copper taste landed on my taste buds. I went to his nose and I bit in the same place I did before. I was pulled off before I could rip it out. I struggled against the warm body to try to get to Raymond’s limp body, but a voice pulled me back to myself.

            “Kris. Kris, stop. He’s passed out.”

            I stopped struggling and shifted back to my human form, nude. I turned to his chest and I cried. I had never attacked anyone before today and I was scared. His warm and muscular chest held me tight. I clutched to his shirt as his arms wrapped around my waist to hold me closer.

            “Are you okay, Alex?” I whimpered?”

            “Yeah. Thank you.”
            “Anything for you.”

            “I’m sorry for hitting you a few days ago. I was just shocked into a different person like I was when I lived with him.”

            “I forgive you.”
            “I want to explain my past to you, but first let me take care of my father, send him on to a hospital.”

            As Alex left to talk to a Hybrid to help him take his father to a hospital I was called to talk to Joseph who passed out after I left.

(A/N: Read A Bunny’s Heart (Chapter 2))

            He asked me to look for his mate in the group of Raymond’s Hybrids. I made my way to his room and opened the one next to it. There are about fifteen Hybrids here and I just screamed. “Who has a bunny for a mate!” They all stopped in their place and looked at me.

            “Me.” Everyone parted and a man stepped out. His eyes are slit, like a snake’s. He is completely hairless, yes he is bald. No hair what so ever, but still strangely attractive. “Is there something wrong with that!?”

            “No. He wants to see you.”
            “He’s here?”

            “First let me test you….What is his name?”

            The snake Hybrid didn’t hesitate. “Joseph. With long white rabbit ears and an adorable face.” Right on the money…I guess. “Why are you covered in blood?”

            “I almost killed the last person to attack a person I care about, so don’t piss me off or hurt Joseph.” I looked him in the eyes and allowed my fox spirit rise to the surface to add to the threat. “Understand.” His snake spirit came to the surface, but I slammed my animal at him and pushed his threat back. “Understand!” He hissed at me and nodded.