six

luke p.o.v

"hey guys, i'm tyler and this is josh and we're twenty one pilots." the lead singer said. i feel like i heard that voice from somewhere, but i just can't put my finger on it. oh well.

their music was different than most. it's not mainstream music, it's so far away from that. it's like a mixture of indie and rap and pop rock, it's just all these different genres mashes into one.

i looked over at rose to see her swaying her body to the music and singing the lyrics to the song. she looked over at me and smiled and motioned for me to come closer.

"are you enjoying yourself?" she asked me over the loud music.

"of course! i get to spend my night with you." i said while winking. i hope i did it right, i don't want her to think that there was something wrong with my eye.

"i'm glad you came." she said, smiling at me. she turned back to the stage and once again started singing. her voice is so beautiful.

the lead singer, tyler, josh, whatever his name winked at rose and sent a kiss her way. i turned to see how she would react and she did the same exact thing. what does this dude think he's doing? he can have any other girl he wants, every single one, as long as their name isn't rose i'm good.

i scooted closer to rose and grabbed her hand. if i want her to know that i like her, i have to get my point across don't i? i looked over at her to see how she'd react, but she just smiled at me showing off her perfect white teeth. she squeezed my hand and went back to swaying to the music.

---

"c'mon luke! we gotta go this way!" rose said. she was leading me backstage, and last time i checked we didn't have any backstage passes.

"rosieee, i think we're going the wrong way." i said. she suddenly stopped and turned to look at me.

"are you okay? what's wrong?"

"nothing, nothing's wrong. it's just that you haven't called me that since what, second grade?"

"actually it was first grade. how did you remember? that was so long ago."

"the same way you remembered. you were such a cutie then."

"yea, if you think that fat is cute. and are you hinting that i'm ugly now?" i said while giving her a full smile.

"i never said you were cute or ugly. stop looking for compliments luke." she said while giggling.

"rose where are you?" a voice called. rose grabbed my hand and ran towards the backstage door. there, we saw that dude from the party. i think his name was tyler, i don't know.

"hey love." he said. he brought her in for a hug and they rocked back and forth. it was kinda awkward because she still hasn't let go of my hand. not that i'm complaining.

he lets go of her and walks over to me and held out his hand for a handshake. he hit his palm of his hand with mine, so i thought he wanted to shake his hand. i grabbed his hand and firmly shook it.

rose started laughing hysterically and let go of my hand to hold her stomach. tyler let go of my hand and did the same thing. they were both laughing at me and i felt like a total idiot. i could feel the heat rising up on my cheeks.

"dude! you are so hilarious. i'll show you how it's done. josh, come here!" and out came the person that i was least expecting to see.