fourteen

please vote and comment

luke

"luke you will not believe what just happened!" michael yelled walking over to our table in the cafeteria.

"what."

"rose has a new secret admirer. and by new i mean someone other than you!" he said, sitting down. he started digging into his lunch which was pizza. that's his lunch everyday.

"what do you mean?"

"well, you know that class that we shared with rose? so rose went to ms. lovington's class to ask her a question which is irrelevant right now. but, apparently there were like flowers and chocolates on her desk as well as a note. and i know the note wasn't from you because you have some shitty handwriting."

"really?" i said, acting surprised. i'm relieved that i didn't write in my own handwriting. instead, i typed up what i was writing with a cool font and then just traced it onto a sheet of paper.

"yea! and josh is pissed! he looked like he was gonna hurt somebody last time i saw him. i told him that it wasn't from you and that note proved it. it looks like you got some competition luke."

"yea, it does."

---

after lunch i quickly grabbed my notebook and laptop from my locker before running to class. everyone in the hallways were talking about rose and josh. rose was apparently so happy while josh was far from it. i looked into ms.lovington's class to see a group of girls around rose's desk.

"omg, rose! you are so lucky! you have three boys after you!" i heard a girl say as i went to my desk.

"three? i thought it was just josh and whoever gave her this." another girl said.

"do you not see the way luke looks at her? i wish he would look at me like that. like out of all girls, he had to pick the one that was taken."

"right."

"guys, luke definitely doesn't like me. he just looks out for me like a sister. plus, i heard the boys talking to him about this girl that he likes." rose said.

"aw, well whoever luke likes is a lucky girl."

"i know."