eighteen

please vote and comment!

recap: "rose, i'll never leave you. i refuse to because what if i need help with another subject? i'll need you to tutor me! just kidding, but on a serious note i don't think i can leave you for personal selfish reasons. the same reasons why i want you all to myself. I just, i just can't rose" i replied. rose looked up at me taking in what i just said. then she did something that i never expected, she kissed me.

---

i instantly froze up. rose was putting so much passion into the kiss, or at least i think so. i wouldn't know since this is my first kiss after all. pathetic, i know.

rose tried to deepen the kiss, so i slowly pulled away from her. she looked up at me in confusion before putting her hands to her face. she started to cry again, so i started to cuddle her.

"i'm sorry rose. i don't know if you meant to kiss me or if it was just in the heat of the moment. but, you're vulnerable right now and i don't think you meant it." i said.

"rose, shhhh, josh didn't deserve you." i said, raising up her chin up. I wiped the tears off of her cheeks, softly humming one of my songs. rose started to calm down and got off of my lap and sat on the couch next to me.

"uh i don't think i ever told you, but out of all the songs you showed me, i like vapor the best." rose said. i felt a grin take over my face and i brought her body back to mine. rose snaked her arms around my torso and rested her head on my shoulder.

"really? wow, uh thanks. and by the way that was only a handful of songs out of many that we played for you. we have some new ones that we're practicing, you wanna come later?"

"yea, you and the boys can surely brighten up the day that i'm having right now."

"good, the boys have been asking about you."

"luke, can i tell you something?" rose asked. she let go of me and turned her body so that it was faced towards mine.

i turned my body so that it was faced towards her before replying, "yea, yea rose what is it?"

"i just, uh, thank you for always being around for me. even, when i don't you to. why can't there be more people in the world like you luke?" she said.

"like i said before rose, i'm always going to be here for you. i'm just a little to attached to you to leave you."

"and luke?" rose said, leaning forward so that our faces were centimeters apart.

"uh yes rosie." i said. i felt my face start to heat up due to how close we were. if i moved forward just a little, our lips would be touching. and i think that time, i wouldn't be able to pull away.

"that kiss, that kiss wasn't accidental." she said before she leaned forward and kissed me, again.

---