seven

luke p.o.v.

"hey babe!" josh said. he walked over to rose and immediately started to make out with her. and to me, it looked like she was enjoying it. i don't know if i should look away, or keep watching to learn from josh.

"josh, bro, quit. no one wants to see that." tyler said. rose quickly pulled away, as if she forgot that we were even here.

"i called you here so that we could show this dude our handshake." tyler said. josh let go of rose and made his way over to tyler.

"ready?" josh said with a big smile on his face.

"yup. one, two, three." all i saw was a blur of hands and then it was over.

'woah."

---

"so did you have fun luke?" rose asked me while walking to the car.

"yea, i guess. i loved the music, and tyler seemed like a very cool guy. but i'm not really cool with josh. like the dude was giving me death glares for standing next to you."

"don't worry about him luke. i made him promise me that he wouldn't lay a finger on you." she said.

"yea, let's see how long it'll be until he breaks that promise." i mumbled.

"what was that?"

"why do you even like him rose? he's a jerk! what do you see in him that you don't see in other people?"

"well luke, if you really want to know, he's really hot, he's in a band, he has cool hair, and he's a sweetheart when he wants to be."

"sweetheart my ass. i don't think he's good for you."

"thanks mom, but i don't recall asking for your opinion."

"look rose, i just think you deserve better. you deserve someone who doesn't look at you as a slut."

"so i'm a slut luke?"

"n-no. i never said that."

"whatever luke, hurry up in get in the car before i leave you here." she said in a huff.

"i'm sorry rose, i didn't mean for it to come out that way. forgive me please?" i said while using my best puppy dog eyes.

"no, luke. just shut up. you can't go around calling people sluts and expect them to instantly forgive you. that's not how it works. so just shut up, please?"

"okay, i'm sorry again rose."

"whatever."

---

"thanks uh for the ride and uh for inviting me and stuff. i really enjoyed myself."

"mhmm. see you at school." rose said, quickly getting out of her car.

"i'm sorry!" i called after her. she turned and looked at me from her front porch, looking like she wanted to say something. rose's lip started to tremble and she ran into her house.

you really fucked up this time luke.

---

rose p.o.v.

am i really a slut? i didn't mean to, i really didn't. but how am i a slut of i'm only with one guy? isn't that called being loyal?

the entire car ride luke's voice hinting that i was a slut rang throughout my mind. i could feel luke staring at me with icy blue eyes. they felt like lasers. so many times i wanted to stop the car and walk away from him, but then i remembered that i was the one driving the car and not him.

"thanks uh for the ride and uh for inviting me and stuff. i really enjoyed myself." luke said. well i really enjoyed myself too until you had to open that big mouth of yours.

"mhmm. see you at school." i said walking towards my front door. i did not want to deal with the luke. i felt like i was going to break down.

"i'm sorry." he called after me. sorry doesn't cut it. i was going to call off the tutoring sessions since i didn't want to spend anymore time with luke, but then i felt my eyes starting to water and my lips starting to tremble.

i ran into my house and quickly shut the door. i leaned back and slid down the door until i was sitting on the floor. that's when i broke down. all the stuff that i had built inside of me was pouring out through my tears.

after a good cry, i looked out of the window to see if luke had left. i walked to my bedroom and flopped down onto my bed. all that crying made me tired. right when i closed my eyes, i heard the doorbell ring.

"i don't want your girl scout cookies." i mumbled to myself. i opened my door, prepared to yell at a girl scout. but instead of a girl scout, i saw luke standing at my door with flowers and a balloon.

"i'm sorry rose. please, forgive me." he said he gave me the balloon first which said is it too late now to say sorry?. he then handed me the bouquet of flowers.

"you don't have to forgive me now, but please. just think about it." he said. then, he turned and walked home.