ten

luke p.o.v

after that tutoring session, rose and i have gotten really close. we hung out everyday after school and texted each other all night.

sadly, she still wasn't single, she was still "dating" josh. as much as i would like to tell her about what all he's been doing when she's not around, she wouldn't believe me and josh would beat the crap out of me. he already threatened me when i caught him once or twice.

"luke do you wanna go see that new movie today after school?" rose asked after sixth period.

"i really would want to rose, i really do. but i haven't really been going to band practice lately or hung out with the boys. you can come if you want?" i asked her with hopeful eyes. i grabbed her books out of her arm, setting them on top of mine. rose instantly grabbed my hand, her small small hand enclosed in mine.

"well i have to see what josh is doing today, you know how controlling he is. but i would love to luke, i'm really excited. " she said, bouncing up and down on her heels.

i walked her to her locker, handing over her books when her locker was opened.

"i'll text you if i can come luke kay?" she asked, closing her locker. she leaned her back against her locker, and i stepped closer to her. i wrapped my arms around her small frame, breathing in the scent that i love smelling everyday.

"kay, i'll you after this last class rose. don't have too much fun without me." i mumbled into her neck.

---

"c'mon lukee, or you're gonna be late. i don't want to be known as the reason you're late to everything." rose said, pulling me to her car. josh said that he had work, but in reality he was hooking up with someone behind the school.

"rose, don't worry about it. they need me so nothing bad will happen."'

"no one needs you luke, don't be so full of yourself." she replied once we got to her car.

"nahhhh, i think you definitely need me the most rose. who else will carry your stuff for you and hold your hand in class?" i asked her, putting our stuff in the backseat of her car.

"i was just kidding luke, no one has ever treat me the way you do? that's why you're my best friend." she told me getting into the driver's seat.

we drove to ashton's house, a comfortable silence filling the car. one sentence was playing over and over in my head. i don't know why i'm always stuck in the friendzone. i dropped hints here and there that i wanted more. Either she didn't get them or was just ignoring them.

"okay we're on his street, but i don't know which house is his." rose said, breaking the silence.

"oh yea, it's that blue one with the tree in the yard." i said. she pulled into the driveway and parked. i hurried out of the car and ran to her side, opening the door for her.

"for you m'lady." i said, grabbing her hand and placing a small kiss on it. i helped her out and we walked hand in hand to ashton's garage.