seventeen

please vote and comment! also please follow me if you haven't already! xx

luke

i woke up to the sound of my doorbell constantly being rang. i'm glad that my parents were out of town for a couple of weeks because i don't know what my dad would've done. i sat up and grabbed my phone from beside me to check the time and saw that it was 2 am. i saw that i had multiple missed calls and messages. they were all from rose. i shot out of my bed and started reading the messages from her.

luke i really need to talk to you

luke

luke i need you rn

luke, please answer my calls

im coming over

please

i ran down the stairs, turning the lights on near the front door before quickly opening it to see rose, wrapped up in a blanket with tears streaming down her face.

"rose, what's wrong?" i asked her, ushering her inside the house. i led her to the couch and sat down with her.

"um, did you ever get my texts?" she asked, sniffling.

"yea, i just read them before i opened the door. i'm a hard sleeper, sorry about that."

"mhm. so i h-have to talk to you because i really need to talk to someone and i know that you won't j-judge me. so uh here it goes. w-when josh came, he came to breakup with me and he said that he found someone who's better than me in every way. a-and the thing is, i think, i think i love him." she said before she started sobbing into her hands. i scooped her small body into my arms and sat her on my lap. she rested her forehead against my bare chest and wrapped her arms around me.

"did he say who he's going to be with now?"

"some girl that he's been cheating on me for awhile with. you know everyone warned me about josh; his ex-girlfriends, you, and even his best fucking friends tyler. but did i listen? noooo, i did not because for some fucking reason i'm almost always falling for the bad guys." she said. i kissed the top of her head before replying.

"what do you mean almost always?"

"i um, it's nothing. forget i said it." we sat together in silencing for awhile, not knowing what to say next. i ran my fingers through her hair, rocking her back and forth. her sobs turned into quiet whimpers before she started to speak up again.

"luke?"

"yes, rosie?" i asked. she looked up at me and smiled at the nickname that i called her every once in awhile.

"you won't ever leave me, will you?" she asked with hopeful eyes. i wanted to kiss her, so so bad. but i didn't want her to feel like i'm going to take advantage of her vulnerable state. so instead, i lifted her chin up and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek.

"rose, i'll never leave you. i refuse to because what if i need help with another subject? i'll need you to tutor me! just kidding, but on a serious note i don't think i can leave you for personal selfish reasons. the same reasons why i want you all to myself. I just, i just can't rose" i replied. rose looked up at me taking in what i just said. then she did something that i never expected, she kissed me.

---