nine

rose p.o.v.

i walked around school looking for luke, because we were supposed to have tutoring today. i only saw him once this morning, but he just gave me a small smile and ran off.

i gave up and slowly walked back to the library to get my belongings. i went to my table only to see luke lying there with his head in a book.

"where were you? i've been walking around the school this entire time just to find you here." he looked up at me and closed his book, placing it on the table.

"oh uh sorry about that. i had to talk to a teacher about something and then i went to use the bathroom. i've been sitting here for a few minutes though."

"mhm, well you ready to start?"

"yea, i guess." i sat down in the seat across from him. i opened up the chemistry textbook and went to the lesson on protons, neutrons, and electrons.

"so do you know anything about this?" i asked him, sliding the book across the table.

"uhhh, they're a part of an atom?"

"yea you got some of it."

"i don't see what the point of this is, why do we need this?" he asked, slightly raising his voice.

"you need it to pass luke."

luke p.o.v.

"so some attract and others repel, it just depends on the atom. or some do both."

"like us." i mumbled.

"what?" she asked.

"nothing, rose. are we done yet?" she looked at the time on her phone and looked back at me.

"yea, i guess we can call it day." i helped her get books of the table and held it in my arms.

"where are we taking these books to?" i asked her, looking down at her.

"uhh, we can just take them to my locker." she replied. we walked side by side to her locker. i shifted the books to my left arm and reached down and grabbed her hand.

"this is okay, right?" i asked when she looked up at me with wide eyes.

"uh yea. it is." she said with a smile.