New Kid

Moving is never easy, it's terrifying. I dreaded leaving my friends and home, just so my uncle could get another job. Yeah, my uncle.

My parents left me with my aunt and uncle when I was only a year old. My aunt never told me why. So they took me into custody, claiming themselves as my new guardian. I grew up with their son, Scotty. He practically became my brother, and I sure treated him like one. He was a year younger, but I could still take him down.

"Katie, come help for goodness sake!"
I groan and get out of the car.

"I'm coming!" I yell as I shut the door.

I follow my aunt to the moving truck and take a box of my stuff.

"Go put that in your new room, aren't you so excited to see the inside of the home?!" She says enthusiastically.

"Absolutely thrilling." I mumble as I carry the box towards the front door.

I stumble a few times before reaching the door.

"Scott can you-

I see the door fly open, and in those two split seconds, I wish I had at least reacted. The door slammed into my face, making my box fall, and my own body. I groan and cup my hands around my nose.

"Woah are you okay?" Scott says as he runs past me and stops.

I don't reply, and I feel my nose get colder. I look up at him while screaming,

"Scott, what the hell?!"

"Sorry!" He replies.

He inhales through his teeth.

"Is it bleeding?" I ask.

"Ummm, you might want to check in the bathroom." He says.

I get up while still cupping my hands around my nose and head for the bathroom. As I walk in a flip on the light switch.

My whole face was red with blood, I've somehow spread the blood from my forehead to my chin and to my ears. I splash water against my face, then reach for a towel. I then realize we are in a stinking new house so I wipe my face with my Yankees shirt, covering it with a new pinkish color. I look down to see blood stained on the wood and look over to see the light switch bloody.

Great, my first bloody nose in a new house.