Party Crasher

I looked at my alarm clock, it was almost 9. I spent the whole day in my room, avoiding talking mostly to Scotty. That was until I heard a knock.

"Scotty I really don't feel like talking right now."

"Please Katie just for a second."

I guess my silence indicated as a yes to him.

"What?"

"Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"I can't believe you're actually going honestly." I huffed.

Scotty looked down.

"I don't know, being a goody-goody has its perks but if Benny's okay with going I trust him. Besides I'm not drinking anyway."

I said nothing.

"Listen you don't have to go. I'm surprised that I'm even asking you to go, this conversation would usually happen the other way around."

I chuckled and looked up at him.

"How are you gonna convince the two overlords to even let you go?"

"Eh, I told them I was sleeping over at Benny's."

"Smart." I replied.

"Well listen if you decide to go, here's the address. It's not too far Benny thinks it's about a ten-minute walk." Scotty hands me a slip of paper.

I take the paper and set it on my nightstand, nodding at him.

"Alright well, I guess I'll see ya later," Scotty says heading to the door.

"See ya."

Right as Scotty opens the door, he stops and turns to me.

"Benny feels really bad Katie."

"I'm sure he does." I huffed under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing, thanks Scotty," I say looking up at him.

He smiles and shuts the door.

After staring at the ceiling, I weighed my options: I could go to the party and not drink, I could get absolutely hammered, or I could sit here, letting my mind drive me insane. I knew what I should do, but did I really want to do it? Then I thought of something, and that idea I really liked.

...

"I think this is it," Benny says.

Through the window, the two boys could see the house practically shaking from the loud music. Boys were wrestling, girls were sitting on the couch talking.

"I don't know about this Benny, the cops could get called for a noise complaint," Scotty remarks.

"Squints said that apparently most of the neighbors were out of town too, something about a retreat for the church in town."

"Then where are their kids at? They must have babysitters or somethi-

"Scotty."

"Sorry."

The two boys hastily walked up to the door. 

"So do we knock or-

The door swung open, with a kid drunk as ever, staring menacingly at the two while swaying back and forth.

"Y-you boys here for the party?"

They both stared then slowly shook their heads up and down.

"C'mon in little dudes." He said as he opened the door wider.