0-100

Suddenly I stood in front of my school, kids swarmed through the doors as I tried to squeeze in between them.

"C'mon, try to talk to at least one person today." I thought to myself. 

As I continued to walk in the hallway, a girl crashed into me. My binder and books scattered across the floor.

"Watch it loser." She said as she giggled with her group of friends.

I huffed as I picked them up quickly.

"Hey Katie." I heard Scotty's voice as he walked up behind me.

"Finding a friend is gonna be harder than I thought." I said as I stood up.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Katie. But listen you need to get up."

"What?" I look at him confused as I was clearly standing up.

"Katie get up."

The same words kept spewing from his mouth over and over.

"C'mon Katie get up."

I gasped as I rose from my bed.

"Geez didn't mean to give you a heart attack." Scotty said, standing at the side of my bed.

"Why did you wake me up?" I groan as I shove my face into the pillow.

"It's 10:30. Technically I should've woken you up at 9:00, you're welcome"

"You going to the sandlot?" I ask.

"Yeah, hurry up and get dressed I want to leave soon." He says as he walks out of my room.

I sit at the edge of my bed and stare at the wall. I needed to think of something fun to do with Benny before we started school. But the only ideas that I could think of was the carnival and the pool, both of which we've done already. I started to blush when I remembered the time we snuck out and went to the pool. In fact, I could still remember almost all of our interactions vividly. I had never felt such euphoria and pure happiness when I was around him, but yet was afraid. Afraid of us breaking up, or him breaking up with me. Even thinking about how serious the relationship could get frightened me. 

"Katie let's go!"

"I'm coming!" I shouted as I threw on some clothes and hurried downstairs.

I quickly ate breakfast and then ran outside to start walking with Scotty.

"I'm so excited for school, I've had this science project that I've just been waiting to do." Scotty says with a grin.

"If that isn't the nerdiest sentence I've ever heard, I don't know what is." 

"Shut up."

When we finally got to the sandlot, I saw all the boys in the dugout.

"Hey what took so long?" Squints asks.

"Sorry, slept in." I say.

"Okay well we were talking about what we should do before school, and Benny had an awesome idea."

"Sweet what is it?"

"Yeah-yeah, he said we should go to a party."

My eyes widened.

"A party?" I look at Benny, who just shrugs his shoulders.

"You guys want to go to a party? Who'd even let you toddlers in?"

All of them frowned at me.

"No offense guys, but I don't think anyone our age would be able to throw one."