Outsiders

I woke up this morning ready to kick the Tigers' butt. Scotty and I got up right away and met Benny outside our house.

When we arrived I saw Phillips and his gang warming up in the field. The rest of the boys weren't here so us three got in the dugout and sat patiently. Of course Scotty got nervous and asked me to throw with him, so we started throwing to each other outside the dugout.

Once the boys got here, it was finally time to give Phillips what he deserved. We were Visitors, so we were up to bat first. Benny of course, was the first batter.

He hit a triple that soared to the grass. Yeah-Yeah hit a double, scoring Benny. Squints got on base, and Ham hit a triple. Timmy and Tommy both hit singles, Bertram got out and DeNunez did too. I hit a double but got out when Benny hit a grounder. We were already up 6-0.

Phillips' team only scored 4 runs, our defense was pretty spot on. The game went back and forth, and when it was our last at bat, Benny hit a homer, making the score 16-9.

The Tigers' last at bat didn't go well, making the final score 16-10. The boys sat in the dugout laughing and mocking Phillips from afar. Scotty and I went behind the dugout and were throwing for a bit.

"Woah, that was bad." I mumbled.

"Really Katie?" Scotty groaned.

"Sorry." I say.

Scotty runs to retrieve the ball that I horribly threw to him. I kick the dirt in front of me, waiting.

"Hey sweet cheeks." I don't even have to turn around to know who is talking to me.

"Hello Phillips." I say blankly.

"What? Not excited to see me?" He walks closer to me.

"No, I'm just trying to imagine you with a personality." I reply.

He scoffs then gets even closer.

"C'mon Katie, you really like Rodriguez?"

"More than you." I snap.

"I have to admit, Rodriguez is good, but those losers make him look like a star."

"Those losers beat the shit out of you and your team."

Phillips stands face to face with me, I step back, making my back hit the wall of the dugout.

"C'mon Katie, you know you like me."

"Man, I've been trying this whole time and I still see an asshole with no personality."

He slams the palm of his hand against the dugout, and looks at me head to toe.

"C'mon Katie." He whispers, tucking my hair behind my ear and putting the palm of his hand to my face.

I grab his wrist, flip it over, and pull it, making him shout in pain.

"Katie what are you-

I see Benny out of the corner of my eye.

When I release the grip from Phillips' wrist I shove him back. He tries grabbing my wrist but I pull them away and slap his face.

He holds his cheek and punches me in the face, more specifically, the nose. I felt the same pain I did when Scotty slammed a door in my face when we moved in, but this time I think I broke it. I look up, ready to give Phillips the worst beating he's ever felt in his life.

Right as I get ready to maul him, I see Benny throw his bat to the ground and run after Phillips. Phillips looks over at the last second and Benny hits him hard.

Phillips fell to the ground and dirt steamed from the ground. Benny jumped up, lifted up Phillips by his shirt, and then actually picked him up by his shirt. He walks over and pins him against the dugout wall as hard as he could.

"If you ever touch one of my teammates again, there will be bigger consequences than you've ever imagined. And if I find out that you laid just one finger on Katie, I'll beat the living shit out of you."

Benny took him off the wall and threw him to the ground. Phillips backed away on his butt with his hands. He then stood up and ran.

"Hope those stains come out of your jersey!" I yell.

I see Benny run over to me.

"Katie did he punch you in the face?"

"In the nose." I say through my hands.

"Let me see."

"No it's fine, it's happened before-

"Katie let me see." He takes my hands off my nose.

"I'm going to beat the shit out of him. I think it might be broken Katie. I swear Phillips is going to get the worse-

"Benny just leave him alone, he's a defenseless asshole." I say.

I try pushing my nose back into place.

"Ow ow ow ow." I say, pushing it.

"Katie if you want it to go back in your going to have to push a little harder."

"Thank you." I reply sarcastically.

I keep trying and can't do it.

"I'm a wimp I can't do it." I mumble.

"You need a distraction." Benny says.

I stop and look at him.

"Okay, I'm going to think of something and you have to help me okay?" I ask.

He nods. I put my hands over my nose, and his hands grab mine. I try thinking of something, but I can feel his grip on my fingers and that's all I can think about.

"Alright ready? One, two, three."

Me and Benny both push and I hear a pop.

"Ow!" I scream.

"I think it worked." Benny said.

Benny pulled my hands away from my face.

"Yeah, it worked." He says.