Stronger and Stronger

"Alright Scotty, time for bed." Aunt Cindy gently taps Scotty off the couch.

"How come Katie-

"Katie and I need to talk."

Scotty hops off the couch and heads for the stairs. I see Aunt Cindy pat the seat next to her.

"You want to talk? About what?"

"Well, I would first like to discuss, who's your loverboy?"

I immediately feel my beet red face get warmer and warmer.

"Loverboy?" I ask like I haven't even shown any interest in the male race.

"Yes, Scotty told me you have a "thing" with one of the boys?"

The only words that I heard in my mind were, don't tell her. Be convincing, convince Katie.

"Oh! He means Benny. Yeah Benny and I are just friends Aunt Cindy. We just have a lot in common, I really think he's a cool guy. But yeah, we're just friends." I lie.

"Are you sure? Sounds like you're lying to me Katie."

"I'm not Aunt Cindy. We're just friends, I promise you." I don't think I ever told such a convincing lie.

"Alright, well you know how your Uncle will feel when he knows you're dating someone."

"Um, actually I don't, how will he react?" I honestly had no clue how Bill would react.

"Well sweetie, me and him talked for a while a few days ago. Uncle Bill didn't sound very happy of you having a boyfriend before you're 18."

"Eighteen! I have to wait till I'm a certified adult!"

"Sorry sweetie." There was no sympathy coming from her tone.

"So basically his standards have to meet HIS instead of mine until I'm a "free woman" who doesn't have to live here anymore?"

Aunt Cindy says nothing, just slowly nods. I roll my eyes, pushing off the couch while mumbling the words under my breath,

"You guys wouldn't have been anything like my parents."

"What?"

"Your parenting skills," I say, turning back to her, "are.........horrifying."

"Now Katie." Before my Aunt can even get off the couch, I turn around and head upstairs quickly.

I make sure to slam the door so she knows that I'm beyond pissed off. My bed sinks heavily as I release on top of it.

Benny has amazing manners. He is a wonderful person. And if Bill has a problem I can leave the house in a snap, these people aren't even my parents. In fact, I haven't seen them show any real affection at all.

As billions of angry, confusing thoughts enter my mind, I get an overwhelming feeling of depression and stress.

It pushes down on my shoulders, hitting me in the head. In fact, I start to hear noises come from my window. Little clicks, sort of pops. I then wonder if I'm going a little insane, but I still hear the clicks, slowly.

I walk to my window, open the drapes calmly. I search along the edges, then make a double-take as I see Benny, standing in the dark, rocks in the other hand. I slid my window open.

"Yes Mr. Rodriguez?"

"Can I come up?"

"If you can."

In less than two seconds, he jumps, looking like Spiderman. He begins climbing the vines and ridges among the walls of my home. Soon I see him within arm's reach. I pull him into my room. He jumps up, wrapping his arms around me while kissing my forehead.