First Impression

My head pounded harder then ever. I creased open my eyes and right then and there I knew where I was. 

"Hey she's up." I heard an excited voice.

"Benny?" 

"Hey how are you feeling Katie." He asks.

"Pretty good my head's pounding."

Soon I see Bill peek over Benny's shoulder.

"Hey Billy Bob." I smile.

"Hi Katie." 

I sit up from my hospital bed and cross my arms.

"So....did Benny reach your standards or are you still going to be a stuck up asshole??" 

"Katie."

"Sorry...stuck up donkey butt??" I was feeling funny at the moment, I assumed I was on some sort of anesthetic or pain killers.

Bill got closer to me, and held my hand.

"Katie, after that little shit-head through a ball straight at your face and I saw his grin, I was ready to beat his ass harder than you can imagine. But before I even moved a muscle, I saw him," Bill points at Benny.

"And Benny ran up to that donkey butt and kicked his ass. Great job by the way son." Bill pats Benny on the back.

"And he immediately ran to you to see if you were okay." This time I heard another voice, and saw Scotty in the doorway along with Aunt Cindy.

I smiled, not just at Benny, but at my uncle. It was wrong for him to accuse and say what he did.

 I wouldn't blame Benny if he still hated my uncle, I wouldn't forgive someone right away who was a rampaging racist. 

But for some reason, I felt as if Benny forgot the whole thing. He had a heart that was bigger than any other. 

Aunt Cindy walked over and made me lay down to get some rest.

"We'll be out talking to the doctor if you need anything sweetie." Aunt Cindy kissed my forehead before her and Bill left the room.

Scotty walked over to me, I was waiting for a sarcastic comment, but was actually surprised.
"You're damn tough Katie, I hope you know that." Without saying another word, Scotty left the room, closing the door softly behind him.

"Tough? How was I tough, I collapsed right away." I laugh as I turn to Benny.

"Katie, if that ball would've hit you in the right spot and came any harder, your lights would've been OUT. And hell, that ball came damn hard Katie." 

"I would've ended up like Mr. Myrtle." I chuckle.

"Man you're really on something heavy aren't you?" Benny chuckles back.

"Nah, I'm fine." 

Soon I feel my body become heavy and my eyelids close more and more.

"Hey, hey." Benny shakes me.

"I'm tired, my heads killing me." I say, swatting his hand.

"Katie, because you have a major concussion, the doctors don't want you falling asleep if you have headaches."

"Oh yeah? Well you can tell those doctors they can go fu- oh god." I sit up and feel vomit erupt from my throat.

Benny's quick to grab the trash can next to him and throw it in front of me.
"Well this su-

Vomit continues to come out.

"Katie stop talking." Benny pulls back my hair as I continue to throw up.

I hear the door open and see a nurse out of the corner of my eye, the good one of course.

"Son keep that trash can by her until I get a bigger bucket. In the meantime, give her these with some water." The lady places pills in Benny's hand before leaving.

"Oh honey are you okay?" I hear Aunt Cindy rush over.

I give her a sarcastic thumbs up before throwing up for the last time.

"That's karma." Benny smiles.

"I think I'm done." I say coughing. Benny helps put my hair up as I wipe off my mouth with tissues.

Benny sets the trash can down before handing me my pills.

"Man you look rough." Scotty has a digusted look on his face.

"Thanks." I say.

"Hey honey, we don't want to give you any headaches so we might go home for a while and check up if we need to."

"You mean you don't want Scotty to give me headache so you're gonna take him home.....right?"

"Yes." Aunt Cindy laughs.

"Bye Katie Uncle Bill squeezes my hand and aunt Cindy kisses me on the forehead again before leaving with Scotty.

After they leave I sit and stare at the wall, then see Benny looking at me.

"Take a picture it lasts longer." I say before smiling, but I don't look at him.

"Benny stop." I look at him this time.

"Katie. You're absolutely beautiful, you know that right?" 

"Are you serious? You're telling me this now, right after you held my hair up and watched me throw up my intestines." 

"Yep. Absolutely beautiful." He smiles. 

"You're......well your dumb for one."

He rolls his eyes.

"I just can't believe you're still with me." My voice becomes quiet. 

"Why would I ever leave you?" Benny's face immediately looks dissapointed. 

"I don't know.....I'm a dork."

"So am I." He laughs.

"Well then I guess we were meant to be."

Benny leans over and locks his lips with mine for what feels like forever.

"You really need to go home, you know school's starting soon." I interrupt the kiss

"I know, this summer went by crazy fast."

"Best summer of my life."

"Mine too." 

Our lips meet once more.