Jealousy

This morning I wake up happier than I've ever felt. I dash downstairs to awake Scotty. As I reach the last step of the stair, I hear a knock from the front door.

I run and open it. Benny stares at the ground, apparently not noticing that I opened the door.

"Hey." I say with a smile.

He jerks his head up.

"Hi." His smile is so big I can't help but laugh.

I then look down to see my appearance, which is very embarrassing.

"Oh, well, um, as you can see I'm a complete wreck." I look back up at him to see him smile and stare like he did yesterday.

"Why do you always do that?" I say.

"Do what?" He snaps back.

"Look at me like that."  I say.

"I wasn't." He lies.

I roll my eyes.

"Benny I look terrible, you shouldn't even be looking at me. My hair is completely ratted, and well these clothes are....something else." I look down and back up again.

"I think you look beautiful."

This may not be awkward for him at the moment but for me it really is.

"Yeah I'm changing." I turn around and head for the stairs. I feel Benny's hand grab my shoulder, I look over to see his perfectly tan, hand, strong and assuring. That was probably the most awkward thing someone could say about a hand.

"Benny I'm serious." I turn back around and give him a serious look, which fails.

He steps closer to me, our faces inches apart. Soon, I hear steps stomp up the stairs, and I slowly turn to see Scotty.

"First off, gross! Second off, Benny man c'mon!" Scotty looks so disappointed and I laugh again, I really hope my laugh is attractive cause it sounds hideous to me.

"Sorry I couldn't help it anymore." Benny smirked.

"Ew man." Scotty walks pass us and gets breakfast.

"You can't tell the boys!" Me and Benny immediately said the words at the same time, then turned at each other and nodded before breaking up in laughter.

"Alright alright." Scotty sits on the counter shoving the cereal in his mouth.

"Hey I'm going to get dressed I'll be back downstairs in like two seconds." I say before running upstairs. As I reach the top of the stairs and open the door to my room, I hear Scotty scold Benny.

"You don't need to check her out every time she turns around dude!"

"I do not do that!" Benny defends.

"Oh yeah...." I vaguely hear Scotty name the places when Benny's 'checked me out'. I blushed when I heard him say at the pool.

I hurry and get dressed before dashing downstairs. After me and Benny practically make Scotty inhale his cereal we head to the Sandlot.

...

The boys were all taking forever to get to the sandlot, Benny, Scotty, and I were playing for almost an hour. We soon see Yeah-Yeah sprinting to the sandlot, bringing along the rest of the boys.