002

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"That kid..." Elijah whispered, well at least I think he thought he was whispering. I was walking ahead of him and Rayan, smoking a cigarette that I managed to find in my pocket. I usually kept one on me because sometimes I got the urge to smoke one and I get pissed off when I don't have a smoke. "He lo-" "Shut up" I stated, stuffing a hand in my pocket while the other held the cigarette.

Elijah listened of course, I knew he would, he always did. I honestly don't know why I hung out with him, or considered him my friend, he was like a wounded puppy that you didn't want to leave behind... You just felt obligated to be his friend, even if you don't want to. The kid had something about him, whether it be his bright smile or his welcoming brown eyes, that just reeled you in.

"Sorry".

"That's going to leave a nasty bruise".

I looked over my shoulder, watching as Rayan examined Elijah's face, or more specifically his cheek.

Rayan was a friend that I didn't mind having, unlike Elijah... Who just seemed to be there half of the time. Ray was a quiet person, usually, who didn't do much but smoke weed and graffiti anything he could. I randomly met him a few years ago while walking around town, he was squatting in front of a brick wall with spray cans all around him. I didn't say anything to him and he didn't say anything to me, I just watched him sort through the variety of cans.

"Are you staying at mine?" Ray asked, he slung his arm over Elijah's shoulders only to have his arm pushed off.

"Yeah".

"Are you staying too, Chres?"

"Nah, I ought to get home... I've probably got Mia scared to death" I answered, blowing out smoke slowly. "Text me when y'all get to the house".

"So you do care" Elijah stated, I shrugged.

"Just want to make sure you don't get jumped by those guys, whatever you've got of theirs, they want it back".

"I don't have anything" he replied, I turned around and looked at him. "Not physically, I mean, I might've asked for a bit of weed..."

"Did you pay them back?"

"I didn't have enough money at the time, so I told them I'd get it to them".

"You've got to be kidding me" I sighed, "how much do you owe?"

"Eighty..."

"For fucking weed?" Ray asked, eyes going wide while I just rolled mine.

"It cost a lot" he replied. 

"You're so damn stupid" I muttered, "who in their right mind gets weed that cost that much? And if you wanted to get high, Elijah, you could've just came to me, but no. You wanted to be a big boy and go get yourself into stupid shit".

"In my defense, Chresanto, you aren't the easiest person to talk to!" He exclaimed, "it's not like you like me!"

"At least I stick up for you, because obviously you can't do it on your own".

"Yeah, I can".

"Yeah, right, you would've gotten your ass handed to you back there if I wasn't there to stop it. You think you can do all this big bad stuff and stick up for yourself, but you can't. You're weak, you can't fight and you let everyone overpower you, even your damn parents".

Ray stepped in front of me, holding his hands out a bit. "Chill out, look, I know it sounds pretty stupid on his part" he lowered his voice and stepped closer to me, "but he just wants to feel like he fits in... You know how his parents are, Chres, it's a touchy subject... Don't use it against him".