024

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Chresanto, I just really want to go home".

"Don't let Pierce be the reason why you leave early, we were supposed to be having fun".

"Jacob!"

"Jesus Christ" I murmured, wiping at my face before Jasper could get close enough to see how upset I was. I watched him come running out of the building, Ray and Elijah trailing behind him. "What do you want, Jasper?"

"Congratulations on your win, man!"

I stared at him in slight confusion, "did you not just hear what Pierce said? People only voted for me because they felt sorry about what happened to Axel".

"So? A win is a win, I don't care what their motive was. You won prom king".

"Jasper, could you shut the fuck up?" Chresanto asked, "God, you get on my nerves so damn much".

"I don't think I was talking to you".

"Well I sure as hell was talking to you".

I spoke up before Jasper could even think about responding to Chres, I wasn't in the mood to deal with them arguing.

"Thanks, Jasper" I stated, forcing a smile, "that's an interesting way to put it".

"You're welcome, man. Plus, why would you care if you only won because of Axel? You hated your brother anyway, I'm surprised people are still bringing him up, he's been dead for a long time now, you know? Shit didn't phase you when it first happened, it's not going to phase you now".

Jasper didn't understand.

"Uh, yeah, yeah, you're totally right".

"Exactly" he responded like he was the smartest person in the world, I watched his eyes go wide with excitement. "Prom's almost over and my parents aren't home, I told you if you won, I'd get you drunk".

Chresanto scoffed, "he's not going to your house".

"What the hell is your problem? You think you can just call the shots for him?"

"I know what's best for Jacob".

"Yeah, sure, whatever".

Chresanto frowned, walking up to Jasper, looking like he was ready to fight. I knew the boy had a problem with his anger and I wasn't about to have him fighting in a fucking parking lot. I moved myself so I was in between the two, turning to face Jasper.

"Yeah, okay. I wouldn't mind a few drinks".

"Jacob, are you serious right now?"

I faced Chresanto, shrugging a little as I tried not to let his overly cold glare affect me. "We can go to his house and have some fun, you just said I shouldn't let Pierce be the reason why I leave early. Let's go to Jasper's house, have a few drinks, then we can go home".

Chresanto stared at me for a moment before shrugging, "fine, whatever you want".

"Chres, come o-" "I just said whatever you want, if you wanna get drunk then fine, I don't fucking care".

Jasper sucked his teeth and I felt his hand on my arm. "Fuck him, come on".

I walked away with him, deciding not to look over my shoulder. I already knew Chresanto was pissed off, I could feel him staring daggers into the back of my head. Jasper lead me to his car and I got in, he was rambling about how many people were going to be at this party, and how much fun we were going to have. I stopped listening after a while, I couldn't really focus on anything except for the way I was feeling. My stomach felt like it was being tied into multiple knots, and my face felt a bit dry with the tears I didn't completely wipe away.