023

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"If you fucking poke me with this damn button thing" I warned, glaring at Jacob with faux anger. He rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything as he pinned it to my tuxedo.

"By the way, it's called a boutonnière" he said quietly, running his palms along the material of my tux, smoothing out any wrinkles that were still present. He took a step back and looked me over, smiling a little. "You look really nice".

"Um... Thanks, you do too".

Jacob really did look good, he was wearing a black tux that was similar to mine, and he'd taken the time to really make sure everything was perfect. He took damn near thirty minutes on making sure there weren't any smudges on his dress shoes, and even though it aggravated me somewhat, I did enjoy the way the tip of his tongue would peek out between his lips when he was really concentrated. 

"When we go downstairs, my mom is going to take a lot of pictures" Jacob warned, "I'm just giving you a heads up because she did it my junior year and she's going to do it this year too".

I nodded, thinking that Jacob was just being over dramatic, but it turns out he wasn't. Mrs. Teresa did take a lot of pictures, she had us stand at the foot of the stairs and didn't let us move until she was satisfied. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would, I don't think I could ever really get annoyed with Jacob's parents, I liked them.

"Your friends are here" Mr. Perez announced, holding the front door open for Ray and Elijah.

"Hey, guys" Elijah smiled, waving at us like he hadn't just seen us a few days ago.

"Hey, the tux looks really good" Jacob complimented from beside me.

"Oh, yeah, thank you again for, like... Letting me have your tuxedo" he said to Jacob, he then looked at Mrs. Teresa, "and thank you for altering it".

"You're welcome, love".

Mrs. Teresa wanted to take a few pictures of Ray and Elijah because she insisted that they both looked really nice together, and I kind of think that she believes the two are dating, but no one really thought it was important to tell her that they weren't. We all just let her take as many photos as she wanted because we all knew the thought of Axel was lingering around. It was only a matter of time until she realized that Axel should be here too, going to his senior prom just like Jacob.

"I guess I'll let you guys go now" Mrs. Teresa smiled, she looked at us all before nodding a little. She looked a little bit sad, and Jacob must've noticed because he ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He wouldn't look at her and although it bothered me a bit, I didn't say anything about it because this was supposed to be a fun night.

"I'm pretty sure my mom was five seconds away from bursting into tears" Jacob muttered when were out of the house.

"I don't really blame her" I replied, "I mean... Your brother should be here too".

"Yeah, well, he's not".

"Jacob, come on, don't be like that" I warned, unlocking my car so him and I could get in. Elijah was going to ride with Ray in his car, Ray figured it would be better for us to just take two cars because after the night was over, Elijah was going to Ray's house anyway. No one had to be dropped off because I already knew I was going to crash at Jacob's after prom, I wasn't going home because I knew I wasn't going to be in the mood to drive.

"Don't be like what, Chresanto? What am I being?"

"Just..." I could tell he was getting angry and I didn't want to deal with his attitude. "Just stop being selfish, please. Your mom is just a bit sad that Axel isn't here to go to his senior prom, he should be dressed up in a nice tux too".