096

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Winston, I feel like I'm going to throw up" I whispered as I hid my face against Winston's neck. "I'm so scared".

"Why?" Winston asked as he wrapped his arms around me so he could comfort me.

"I'm scared to see their reaction..." I confessed, "what if they're upset with me?"

"I don't think they would be, but if for some reason they are, then I will be right here, understand? I will be right here next to you".

I nodded a little and pulled away so I could remove my face from his neck. I moved towards the window of the room.

"I've been meaning to ask if you've been feeling better? Are you still sore?"

I shook my head, "not as much as I used to be. I felt absolutely terrible when I woke up the next day after I had my seizure. My body was aching so bad, but it doesn't anymore".

"That's good, I was worried about you, you know? Usually you bounce back from a seizure pretty fast, but not this time. You were completely out of it for a while".

"It's because I wasn't taking my meds..."

"Yeah, I'm aware now" Winston replied, "but you've been taking them again, right? Your antidepressant and your anti-seizure medicine?"

I nodded, "I have".

"Good, that's good..."

I could tell Winston had something more to say, he just wasn't too sure if he should say it or not. I opened my mouth to speak, but Winston decided to just go ahead and say what he wanted to say.

"Why didn't you tell me that you stopped taking your medicine?"

"Because I knew that if I told you, you would just force me to start taking them again".

"Why did you stop in the first place? I thought everything was going good..."

"It wasn't, I felt like I deserved to feel the same way Axel did, so that's why I stopped taking my meds" I answered honestly. "I know it sounds dumb, but it made sense to me".

"I... I guess it does" Winston hesitated before sighing, "I can't believe I had another chance of losing you and I knew nothing about it".

"Don't blame yourself or feel like you should've known. I didn't tell you anything, I lied to you whenever you asked me if I was feeling okay".

"Now I don't know if I can believe you when you say that you took your medicine today".

I shrugged my shoulders, "you can check, I just got new bottles the other day. My prescriptions take me through the whole month. There should be twenty nine more pills in each bottle".

I know Winston probably didn't want to count out twenty nine pills in two prescription bottles, but if he did want to, then he could. I wouldn't be offended or anything, I know that I most likely have to build up trust with him again.

"Do you want to?" I asked.

Winston hesitated for a second time, "yeah".

"Okay".

I grabbed two napkins from my nightstand and placed them on my bed. I picked up one of my prescription bottles and took the top off before proceeding to dump the pills onto the napkin. I did the same with the second pill bottle. I sat and watched Winston count both piles of pills.

"I just don't want to lose you" Winston whispered after he finished counting.

"I know" I replied, refilling the bottles. "You love me and you just want me to be okay".