046

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"They want you in a foster home".

I stared at Sharon and dropped my shoulders, I didn't realize how tensed I was until I finally let myself relax. Mia and I were meeting with Sharon to talk about the fight I had with Jacob and what Social Services wants to do next. I could see Mia's body go rigid out of the corner of my eye. Sharon looked at the both of us from across the kitchen table.

"How far away?" I asked, speaking lowly.

"Not very far, you'd still be going to the same school, so you don't have to finish your senior year at a different high school".

"They want me there until I turn eighteen?"

"Yes".

"I'm not going" I shook my head, folding my arms over my chest.

"You don't really have a choice, Chresanto" Sharon spoke, "Social Services is still debating on if they're going to relocate you, they want you in a foster home, but they're looking at other things too. I've pulled all of the strings that I can, I can't pull anymore".

"What other things are they looking at?" Mia asked curiously.

"Well, Chresanto can stay here, but he has to take anger management classes". I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything, Sharon continued to speak. "They want him to work on his anger, and they want him to take the classes seriously. Chresanto, I've met you when you were fourteen, you're not the same little boy anymore. If I were to look at the fourteen year old you standing beside the seventeen year old you, I'd think you were two different people. I don't think you realize how much you've changed".

"It's not like I'm this way on purpose" I spoke.

"I understand that, but you still need to work on controlling your anger" Sharon explained, "if Social Services decides not to relocate you, then you have to take anger management classes. I still want you going to The Ring too, personally I think boxing helps you to some extent".

"Fine".

"When will we know what Social Services decides to do?" Mia asked, nervously twirling a strand of hair around her pointer finger.

"Soon, I'll call you when I know for sure".

"Okay".

"Chresanto, walk me to the door, please".

I stood up and led Sharon to the front door, she always had me see her out. I don't know if it was because it was the polite thing to do, or if she only did it because sometimes she wanted to tell me things without Mia hearing. I watched her step out of the house and turned around to look at me.

"Don't worry too much about Social Services' decision, okay?"

I nodded a little and closed the door once she had walked away. Honestly, it was hard for me not to think about what Social Services was going to decide. If they sent me off to a foster home, it was going to affect me big time. It may only be for a few months, but that didn't matter to me. I was used to living with Mia, and even though she did get on my nerves sometimes, I liked living with her.

She was my sister, the only biological family I had left. I didn't really have such a great relationship with her, but it was better than the one I had with my parents. I didn't want to be placed in a foster home with people who I didn't know anything about me. There was a possibility of that happening though, and there was little that I could do about it.