009

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"So has he taken Axel's place?"

I looked at Rayan, furrowing my eyebrows to show him I didn't understand what he was asking.

"Jacob" he clarified, "has he taken Axel's place?"

"Why do you ask that?" I asked, tapping my cigarette with my finger. I watched the ash fall away, before glancing at him. He looked over to where Jacob was throwing a frisbee with Elijah, they were throwing it back and forth to each other. Ray, Elijah, and I were skipping again to hang around the football field, this was Jacob's class. He took physical education in freshman year, but was placed in it again his senior year because he needed an elective, but all the other interesting ones were taken.

"I don't think so" I said, finally answering Ray's question.

He hummed quietly, continuing to watch Jacob and Elijah. "I wonder why Axel never spoke about Jacob, besides the disliking him part. Axel told you everything, he was always open to talking to you... It's just odd to think that all this time there was someone else who... Looked exactly like him, and who lived underneath the same roof as him, and we're just now finding out about it".

"Yeah, I know" I replied, "I have all these questions that I want answered, but the only person who can answer them isn't around anymore. I just want to ask Axel why he didn't tell me about Jacob, did he think I was going to leave him? Or that Jacob and I weren't going to get along? I wanna know, but they'll never be answered now".

I abruptly saw a blur of yellow from my peripheral vision, then felt something hit my arm. I didn't know what it was until I looked at the ground and noticed the frisbee.

"Did you just fucking throw a frisbee at me?" I asked, frowning at the two people who weren't too far away. Elijah looked scared while Jacob had his hands on his hips, I had to fight the urge to call him Axel because I remember a time when Axel did the same exact thing when he was unbothered by something.

"Yeah" Jacob answered, "are'ya going to toss it back?"

"Does it look like I'm going to toss it back?"

"No, but it does look like you're a bitch".

I glared at him but there wasn't much anger to it because Jacob had this shine in his eyes that showed that he was just joking around. He poked his tongue out at me and this time I really fought the urge to smile because whenever he did that, his eyes would squint a bit before he released a happy little laugh.

"Toss it back".

I picked up the frisbee but instead of throwing it back to him, I just held it.

"Or you could come walk over here and get it".

"I'm not going to" he folded his arms over his chest and continued to stand there.

"Well then you're not getting the frisbee back".

"Yeah, okay, we'll see about that".

I stared at him before placing the frisbee beside me. Elijah looked like he wanted to walk over and get it himself, he stepped forward but Jacob stopped him by throwing an arm over his shoulders.

"As I was saying before I was hit with a frisbee" I muttered, looking at Rayan, "I took Jacob to my house after dropping you and Elijah off at yours".

It'd been a few days since Jasper's party and since I brought Jacob along with me to The Ring. We hadn't kissed since, but it's not like it bothered me. I wouldn't kiss him in public anyway, at least while we were at school. I wasn't hiding my sexuality, people knew I had an attraction to both females and males. I just never liked the idea of people knowing my life, and that included who I was dating. It was none of their business.