090

Jacob's P.O.V.

"So um... Elijah invited me to go out with him, Ray, and Chresanto today" I said, glancing up from the text message Elijah had sent me. I was sitting on the kitchen counter again as Winston moved around the kitchen. My parents weren't up yet because I'm pretty sure they got home late so they were going to sleep in.

"Yeah?" Winston said as he concentrated on cracking four eggs into a bowl. He added some salt and pepper into the bowl before picking up a whisk.

"Elijah said you could come... If you wanted to..." I said, taking a moment to nervously bite at my lip. "Do you want to?"

Winston looked up at me, "me and Chresanto don't really get along".

"I know, but I was thinking that maybe if you guys got to like... Know each other that maybe you could become acquaintances?"

Winston laughed a little, "I think you're getting your hopes up, love. I doubt Chresanto would want to be my friend, let alone an acquaintance".

"So you're not going to come?"

"I will if you want me to, do you want me to?"

"Yeah, I do" I nodded, "but if you really don't want to, I don't want to force you".

"I'll come with you, it's fine" Winston replied as he moved to the stove and poured the whisked eggs into the already buttered pan. He picked up a spatula and began to make scrambled eggs.

"Really?"

"Yeah, where are we going?"

"To some arcade, Elijah wanted to do something fun for Chresanto before he had to move to his foster home. Afterwards we're gonna eat somewhere, we don't know where yet. We'll decide when we're all together".

"Okay".

I kicked my legs back and forth, "do you need me to do something? I feel like I should be doing something instead of watching you make breakfast for us and my parents".

"I think I've got things pretty much covered..." Winston trailed off and looked over the stove and the counter. "The bacon is in the oven, the eggs are being scrambled, and all that's left is putting some bread in the toaster".

I nodded my head a little and continued to watch Winston cook. It was nice of him to offer to cook breakfast for everyone. He was honestly too nice for his own good.

It didn't take long for the eggs to finish cooking, and the bacon too. The bread was placed in the toaster and eventually there were four plates of food sitting on the kitchen table.

Like last night, Winston came closer to me and stood in between my legs. I leaned forward so I could kiss him. We didn't kiss for very long because my parents decided that now would be a good time to come downstairs. My dad walked into the kitchen and cleared his throat. Winston and I pulled away from one another and looked at him.

"Good morning" I greeted, trying to pretend like it wasn't awkward to have my dad walk in on me kissing my boyfriend.

"Hi, Mr. Perez" Winston tacked on as he moved from in between my legs.

"Good morning to you both" my dad replied, "how long have you been up?"

"Maybe an hour or two" I answered. I looked to the entrance of the kitchen as my mom walked in. She smiled at Winston and I.

"Good morning, I forgot Winston stayed the night. How did you both sleep?"

"We slept good, mom".