078

Jacob's P.O.V.

I woke up to Winston trying to carefully get back into the bed. I'm sure he was hoping to not wake me up, but he wasn't doing a very good job. I blinked my eyes a few times and hummed into the pillow that was covering half of my face. Winston looked at me and gave me a sheepish smile.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry".

I shook my head a little, "it's okay, where did you go?"

"Had to use the bathroom".

"Oh".

"Did you sleep good?"

"Yeah" I turned over so I wasn't speaking into my pillow. "Did you?"

"I did".

Winston returned to laying beside me and a soft sigh of content left my mouth when I was gently pulled into him. We continued to lay in bed for a while before I turned over to look at the time on the clock that was sitting on the nightstand.

"Shit" I swore, abruptly sitting up. "Winston, we've got to go. We're going to be late for school".

"Can't we just not go?" He asked, looking at me curiously.

"As much as I would love to stay in bed with you all day, I'm still trying to catch up in some of my classes... I'm sorry".

"No, it's okay" Winston assured, "I understand. I need to go home so I can get ready for the day".

"Wait for me?" I asked, "I'll get ready quickly".

After Winston nodded his head, I got out of the bed and began to get ready for school. It took me a bit longer than I expected to take a shower and get dressed, and do all of my other daily hygiene, but that was only because Winston was purposefully being a distraction.

"You know I could've gotten ready in about fifteen minutes instead of twenty five if you had just sat down somewhere" I stated once we were in Winston's car and on our way to his house.

"Sorry".

I looked at him and rolled my eyes when I noticed the look on his face. "No, you're not".

"You're right, I'm not".

"You're a nuisance" I murmured, turning my head so I could peer out of the window.

When we got to Winston's house, Mr. And Mrs. Daniels was still there and so was Aspen and Trenton. Aspen squealed in excitement when she noticed Winston and I had walked into the kitchen. She hopped down from the chair she was sitting in and walked over, giving me a hug.

"What're you doing here, Jacob?" She asked curiously, "I'm going to school!"

"So am I" I replied, "I'm here because Winston has to get ready for school".

"Oh".

Aspen turned her head to look at Winston, but she didn't say anything to him. I laughed a little when she walked back to her chair.

"It's like I've suddenly become a disappointment to her" he stated, rolling his eyes in amusement.

"Good morning, boys" Mr. Daniels spoke, catching our attention. He was leaning against the counter, looking at us from over his coffee mug. "How was the movie last night?"

"Good morning" I greeted, "and it was nice, Grease is a classic. Your son got me to sing Summer Nights with him, it was cliche".

"Sounds like something he would do" Mr. Daniels said with a nod of his head.