022

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"Jacob, are you seriously still upset?" I asked, watching the boy as he sat beside Ray at the lunch table when he could've easily sat beside me.

"Rayan, could you please tell Chresanto that I am still not speaking to him, please?" Jacob requested, and I stared at him because you have got to be kidding me.

"Jacob isn't talking to you still".

"Ray, shut the fuck up" I swore, glaring.

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger" he warned, casually shrugging his shoulders and stabbing his pasta with his fork.

"You're petty" I said to Jacob, he stuck his middle finger up at me. "I thought you said you weren't talking to me".

"I didn't say anything to you".

I smirked, "you just did".

"Fuck you".

"I apologized" I said to Jacob, he didn't even spare me a glance, he just continued to pour ranch dressing onto his salad. "Jesus Christ, Rayan, could you tell him I apologized".

"Chresanto says he apologized".

"Tell him I said that I don't care".

Ray looked at me, raising his eyebrows, silently asking me if he needed to repeat Jacob's words. I shook my head, frowning.

"Why is he mad at you?"

"He's mad that I fought, so he's giving me the silent treatment until he deems me worthy of being spoken to again. He wouldn't even look at me after I tried talking to him, I give it a few more days before he starts acknowledging me again".

Jacob didn't stay around for me to take him home after the principal and security let me leave on Friday. I wasn't able to explain myself because when I showed up at his house, he refused to even open the door. I tend to make him mad a lot, which shouldn't happen, but we haven't been dating for that long and we still don't know each other as well as we should. I still had the stargazing event saved into my phone, that would be a really good thing to take Jacob to because I know he would enjoy it. We could sit down and talk... Even if there are certain things that I may not feel too comfortable discussing. I have to meet him halfway, I can't expect him to tell me everything about him and not tell him much about myself. 

"You know, he wouldn't be mad at you had you not fought" Ray stated.

I shrugged, "yeah, but the guy hit me first so I wasn't going to stand there and not hit him back".

"You easily could've walked away".

"Do I look like the type of person to just walk away?"

"I think you're forgetting that you're still seventeen" Ray said as he shook his head. It's highly unlikely that you could be put into a foster home, but it could still happen and I think you need to just sit down somewhere. I'm not saying that when you turn eighteen to start picking fights with any and everybody though".

"Mia says I need anger management classes" I murmured, "the school called and told them I fought and she wouldn't let me hear the end of it. Even though I'm not suspended because I didn't start the fight and I was defending myself, she still wouldn't shut up about Social Services and how I was letting her down".

"A few classes wouldn't hurt".

"Rayan, I do not need anger management classes".

"I beg to differ" Jacob grumbled.

Before I could say anything to him, Elijah walked up and set his tray down on the table. He looked at me for a moment before slowing sitting down beside me. He didn't say anything to anyone until after he was finished picking the tomatoes off of his own salad.