008

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Don't touch anything" Chresanto demanded, "and don't do anything stupid because I'm not saving you".

"I don't need you to save me" I replied, looking up at the sign on the large building. I looked over the two red boxing gloves and the dog tag that wrapped around them, on the tag were the words The Ring. I walked in behind him, and looked around the place, from what I could tell, it was popular. It was an open floor plan with lots of space, and a few boxing rings off to the side. Everything was sectioned off, one section had exercise equipment, another had fitness mats and punching bags, along with speed bags.

"I don't really expect you to just sit around" Chresanto began, I walked beside him and I didn't know where we were going until we were walking down a small hallway and at the end of it was a door that said 'locker room'. "So there are medicine balls, jump ropes, slam n' ropes, weights, stuff like that. The easy stuff".

"Why do I have to be secluded to the 'easy stuff?'" I asked, walking into the locker room and placing the bag I brought with me onto one of the benches. I opened it and pulled out my shirt and basketball shorts, "are you trying to say that I'm weak?"

"I'm not saying anything" he answered, taking off his shirt, "you just don't seem like the person to do much".

I glared at him, "I may not be as muscular as you, but I can do stuff". I changed into my work out clothes. "Just to let you know".

"We'll see" Chresanto chuckled, "give me your bag".

I passed it to him and he put it in a locker with his own. We walked out together, and the first thing we did was stretch, Chresanto going on and on about not wanting to pull a muscle but I already knew that because I took gym class fucking freshman year, just like he did.

"So what're we doing first?" I asked after stretching.

"We aren't doing anything" he pointed to a ring, "I'm going to spar", he pointed to the weights section, "and you are going to lift weights".

"Seriously?"

"Yes, seriously".

"I'm not going to lift weights for the whole time we're here".

"I know that, there are jump ropes too".

I pushed past him, "fuck you". I walked over to the weights and picked up two that were ten pounds. Maybe I could knock him out with these and I wouldn't have to deal with his sarcastic ass attitude. I lifted weights for a bit, looking around as I did so. There were a lot of guys here, and a few girls, the guys were mostly in the rings and practicing with one another. The girls were either jumping rope or lifting medicine balls.

"Axel?"

I looked over, noticing a girl who wasn't standing too far away. She had long brown hair, but it was pulled up into a bun and these really pretty grey eyes.

"Jacob" I informed, putting the weights back on the rack, "I'm his brother".

"Oh" she uttered, "where's Axel then? I haven't seen him in ages, I thought you were him, I guess everyone else did too because they can't stop sneaking glances at you".

I looked around, finally noticing that, yeah, people were looking at me every so often. Looks of surprise and confusion on their faces. I thought about what the girl had said for a moment before furrowing my eyebrows, she doesn't know.