043

Chresanto's P.O.V.

"What did you do?"

I looked up as Mia walked into the front office, a look of disbelief on her face. She walked up to me and tried touching me, but I moved away from her touch. She sat down in the empty seat beside me, turning her body so she could face me.

"The school called and told me you fought again? I thought you were finished with that..." She shook her head a little, "who did you fight?"

I glanced at my bruised and bloody knuckles as I shook my head a little. I didn't want to tell her because I still couldn't believe it actually happened. I really put my hands on him, and I really did physically hurt him.

"Chres".

"Jacob" I murmured.

"Excuse me? I don't think I heard you correctly".

"You did, Mia" I frowned, "I fought Jacob".

"Why would... Why would you do something like that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I was just angry, he hit me first and I just... I hit him back, and we fought".

"Your knuckles are really bloody" she murmured, stating the obvious.

"It's not my blood".

She looked at me but didn't say anything for a short moment. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know, I punched him pretty hard in his eye and busted his lip open". I flexed my fingers and winced at the pain, my hand was going to be sore for a few days. "I also gave him a real nasty punch to the nose, but I know I didn't break it".

Mia sighed, I felt bad because I know she was kind of stressed out with work and college. I was adding on to her stress and I really didn't want to do that.

"Where is Jacob now?"

"I'm pretty sure he's with the nurse right now" I answered, shifting around in my chair. "I haven't seen him since security separated us".

"What exactly happened?"

"We got into an argument and I said some shit that really made him mad. I was walking away and suddenly felt someone hit me, so I turned around and just swung. I knew who it was though, I knew it was Jacob who had hit me and I still punched him. I was just so mad, we hadn't spoken in a week and the first thing we do when we do have a conversation is argue? I took my anger out on him and I really hurt him. Ray had to pull me off of him because I wouldn't stop, I was just so mad. Some guy named Winston grabbed Jacob and I wanted to punch him in the face too because I didn't like him holding Jacob so close. Security came and took Jacob to the nurse and they dropped me here".

It sounded like such a mess but that's because it honestly was one. Jacob went to the nurse because he looked a lot worse than I did. I'd underestimated his punches when he was angry because Jacob actually did get in some pretty good hits. My left eye was gonna be bruised some, but not to the point where it would be swollen shut. My skin had some scratches here and there too, and Jacob damn near ripped my lip piercing off.

"Chresanto".

Mia and I looked over at the sound of my name, one of the secretaries was standing a few feet away. She motioned for us to stand up and come with her. It wasn't really a surprise to me when she led us to the principal's office.

My principal's name was Mr. Henderson and I'd had to sit in his office more than a handful of times. He was a tall, African American man who wore glasses in order to see. He couldn't be over the age of fifty seven, but then again if he was, that didn't matter to me because I didn't really care.