042

(A/N: Had to do some changing to the sneak peek that was added into this chapter. Some things had to be changed because of how all of the previous chapters went).

Jacob's P.O.V.

"Come on, Winnie" I urged, "walk faster".

Winston grunted and jostled me a bit, "it's not my fault, you're weighing me down".

"You're the heavy one, not me".

I rested my chin on his shoulder and watched him push open the locker room door with his foot. He currently couldn't use his hands because his arms were wrapped around my legs. My own arms were around his neck because I was currently being carried on his back. After changing into my gym clothes, I'd jumped onto Winston's back.

"Did you pick up Trenton and Aspen on time the other day?" I asked, squinting my eyes when Winston walked outside.

"Yeah" he nodded, "made it on time, had to listen to her talk the whole ride home. The girl wouldn't go down for her nap for absolutely nothing either. She was so hyper, even Trenton was getting annoyed".

I smiled a little, "do you always pick them up from school?"

He nodded, "yeah, it's on the way home so I just wait around for them to get out and drive home, then it's just us in the house until our parents get home from work".

"That sounds nice".

"Yeah, sure, up until the moment where you're trying to get homework done but can't because there's a five year old wanting to have a tea party and an eleven year old who can't reach something, so you have to get it for them".

"Okay, well then other than that" I laughed, "I'd kill to have time with my brother again".

Winston held onto my legs tighter as he walked down the few amount of stairs to get to the football field. The usual guys were already on there and it looked like they were splitting up teams to play a game of football. Jasper quirked an eyebrow when he noticed that I was on Winston's back, but he didn't say anything about it.

"Are you going to play?" Jasper asked Winston, rolling the football around in his hands.

"Yeah".

"I want to play" I spoke, I didn't like football all that much, but I really didn't want to sit by myself and watch everyone else.

Jasper look at me, "can you?"

"What do you mean?"

"It won't be too much running and impact, will it? We're playing tackle, and it's hot out here too. I don't want you to have another seizure, Jacob".

"I think I'll be okay" I nodded.

"Alright" Jasper replied, he didn't seem all that convinced, "if at any point you don't feel okay, just go sit down. We'll figure out how to keep the teams even if you have to sit out for a bit".

"Okay, put me down Winnie".

Winston let go of my legs and I hopped down from his back, we followed Jasper out into the middle of the field. I glanced to my right when I was nudged, Winston wasn't looking at me, but he opened his mouth to speak.

"Can you really have another seizure?"

"Yeah" I answered calmly, "I had my first seizure because of a severe concussion, my doctor said it was an early post-traumatic seizure, and that I have a twenty-five percent chance of having another one. I have no idea when it could happen though, I was told it could happen after a month, or after a few years. It's been about a month since my first seizure, so... I don't know when or if it's going to happen".