Chapter Twenty-Two: Home Is Wherever You Are

"I guess we should start going... I don't want you to miss your flight, sausage," Russell sighed as he curled a piece of my hair around his finger while I cuddled my body as close as possible to his as we laid in bed, my arms wrapped around his thin frame, almost begging him to stay with me. I sighed as I bit my lip, nervously gnawing at my fingernails.

"I don't want to go..." I said sadly as I thought about what this meant for us, and our marriage. We'd only been gotten married four months ago in October of last year, and we'd barely spent that much time together as newlyweds - mostly due to how busy the both of our schedules were, though it was mostly mine which was the problem.

"Don't be silly, you're going on your first big tour around the world. I'm so proud of you Katy," He chuckled as he planted a soft kiss on my temple, his finger caressing my jawline and making me look up to him, stretching my neck as I leant up to kiss him somewhat awkwardly as we continued to lie in bed, the impending time frame and strict schedule of my career not even seeming to bother me right now.

"I just want to spend more time with you," I sighed, playing with my fingernails before tracing shapes across Russell's torso, tickling his skin underneath his shirt as I did so.

"I just want to stay at home and be a wife to my handsome hubby," I said, exaggerating almost as I slumped my body dramatically and pouted my lips, causing a laugh from my husband as we looked at one another. I smiled as I caught myself staring into his hazel-brown coloured eyes, which matched perfectly with his long dark locks of hair, the curls perfectly shaping his sharp features - his jawline especially.

"I want you to stay at home too, believe me," He sighed as he kissed my lips, his stubble itching my skin though I really didn't mind that much. "Just think, we can start our little family once it's all over."

"I can't wait," I smiled, giggling as I touched my nose with his, before feeling his lips gently make their way in a line from my lips, up my cheekbone to my ear, and down my neck. He knew exactly how to arouse me, and I sighed, closing my eyes blissfully as he made his way down, knowing full well this was one of the very last intimate moments we'd spend with one another for a while, at least.

"You're so beautiful, my little Katy Perry..." He whispered in that adorable British accent, making me giggle as I opened my eyes only briefly to watch him, before closing them as I relaxed further into the soft underlay of the bed as he made his way down my body.

I arched my back in anticipation, enjoying every single waking moment of this, as if it was the first time we'd made love, or the last time we'd make love. Nothing and no one crossed my mind; I was focused solely on only the two of us, so in love that I was sure nothing, not even the worst of circumstances, could destroy it. He was 'The One', he was the love of my life. This wasn't a dream, this was real life. I was living in a fairytale, not just with my marriage, but my career, my friends, my family.

Everything was perfect in this moment. I was about to go on a worldwide tour - The California Dreams Tour as I had named it - as a solo artist, promoting my latest album Teenage Dream, which I had released in August last year. A crazy 127 shows in continents across the world, meaning I would be going places I'd never been, meeting people I'd never met. This was single-handedly the biggest moment and embankment of my career so far, and I wasn't entirely sure if I was prepared for it.

It would be almost an entire year in length, which terrified me to some degree when I thought about it. My sister, Angela, would be joining me on tour, which I was really excited for - I knew she would be a second mother to keep my feet planted on the ground, despite how magical my life was becoming. I was the luckiest woman in the world right now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything - but like all newlyweds, I just wanted to spend time with my husband.